Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:15 AM

2,026 posts, read 2,745,360 times

Advertisements

Why did you pick Stuart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 10:38 AM

231 posts, read 382,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newred5 View Post
Pretty sure Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach are both international airports . Both closer than Orlando
Miami International is also closer than Orlando to Stuart. I'm also pretty sure the Orlando airport is about 2 hours from Stuart rather and 2.5 hours. Bottom line is Stuart is within 2 hours of 4 international airports. Miami and Fort Lauderdale are both very large airports with many direct flights including direct flights to the West Coast. Palm Beach International is less than an hour from Stuart and has direct flights to many of the larger cities in the Northeast and Midwest.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:12 PM

994 posts, read 951,080 times
Stuart is growing and has been the past few years . its in a nice spot . It won't be quite as warm as WPB and south in the winter though. Personally if I had to pick a place to retire in Florida it would be Delray Beach.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:52 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,745,360 times
How about Cocoa beach, or Coral Gables?

Old 08-15-2019, 09:22 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,137,077 times
San Francisco! I love that place. I've been 15 times Always my vacation for myself, always something new to enjoy. Made friends there, sometimes even went by myself. It's the only place that totally throws off my sense of direction! Must be all those hills! LOL The only place you can wear shorts in the daytime and by late afternoon you need a coat---but I loved it.

Can you bring me some San Francisco when you come over??

Old 09-07-2019, 01:40 PM

277 posts, read 361,748 times
I was in Stuart two weeks ago house shopping. Left just ahead of the hurricane. Flew in via West Palm Beach Airport. Nice airport. No hassles at all. Stuart, Hobe Sound and Jupiter are very nice. Downtown Stuart has a lot of character. Tons of celebrities live in Jupiter and I see why. Yeah, it was warm and humid. So what..... It's my new home in the next 60 days.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:47 PM

Welcome! Moving from Idaho per your name info. Should be a different change of weather and scenery. No snow and no mountains.

Glad you missed Dorian. Glad he decided to miss us TOO!

Yes, Jupiter has its share of celebrities, used to live there myself before the prices escalated. Nice to know I can still travel there easily if I need more excitement or Trader Joes.

Which area do you plan on settling in?

Old 09-07-2019, 06:21 PM

623 posts, read 957,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
The closest international airport (Orlando) is 2.5 hours away.
Orlando, Cocoa beach, Melbourne, Daytona, St Petersburg... might be more practical.
If you already have a family, it might be okay. But once your kid grows up, he/she will run away screaming from there, and your family will be living far away.
I'm not saying you should stay in SF, you should definitely not.
PBI is 45 min away from Stuart

Old 09-07-2019, 10:34 PM

and buenos is from MIAMI... which is nothing ...NOTHING like this area...

Old 09-08-2019, 07:02 AM

277 posts, read 361,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Welcome! Moving from Idaho per your name info. Should be a different change of weather and scenery. No snow and no mountains.

Glad you missed Dorian. Glad he decided to miss us TOO!

Yes, Jupiter has its share of celebrities, used to live there myself before the prices escalated. Nice to know I can still travel there easily if I need more excitement or Trader Joes.

Which area do you plan on settling in?
Highly likely I will end up in Stuart or Hobe Sound. Buying a house on the water with a boat dock and inter-coastal access.. I'll make a final decision once my Idaho house sells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach