Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:29 AM

8 posts, read 20,052 times

Advertisements

I believe Michael had postponed his trip until after the baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 AM

817 posts, read 2,004,031 times
Default been busy sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
I have been wondering that as well Michael. How did your trip go in August,have you moved yet,and if so......where did you choose and how do you like it so far?

Hi F-15 !!

Been busy and have not checked citydata for quite awhile.

I did not have a chance to come down to FL this past August

We were expecting our first child in Oct and the house needed work,,,
I was busy redoing the entire kitchen, from flooring, appliances, cabinets and countertops and also redid 2 bathrooms.. and I do the work myself.. hence it took wayyyyyyyyy longer than we had the time alloted.. so I was stuck here doing it...

It is Oct 29th and the work is almost 100% done,,, it is about 95%...

But the WONDERFUL news is.......

Our Son, Rubin was born Oct 13th (10 days early) all went well,, Mom and baby are doing fine

Once things get into a routine, I will split for FL maybe Dec. if not Jan and take that exploratory trip I need to take.

I was looking at Melbourne and South... and South down to PSL, Stuart and all places in between,,, that entails a lot of driving and looking.. while leaving my wife and baby alone up here in the middle of the winter... but my wife is ok with it and some close friends will visit and some may stay over here and there.

I would rather wait... till Spring,,, but we know I NEED to get down there.
We did it together last year Oct in Pinellas Cty for 10 days, which we thought it was nice,,, but gave us no feeling to move there... so the same trip is now for Brevard Cty and South... from Melbourne/Viera and maybe the barrier islands (Satellite, Indian Harbour etc) down to Vero down to PSL, Hobe, Stuart etc... and some people are recommending St Augustine,,, like I really need to extend my driving wayyy north

So all in all... everything is fine...

Trying to come up with a good time to come for that fact finding trip to FL.

Keep those comments and feedback coming please

Thanks to all of you

Michael

Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Default B-i-n-g-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza Sojourner View Post
I believe Michael had postponed his trip
until after the baby.

Hi Aliza,

I just replied to where I have been and saw your posting....

As I wrote B-I-N-G-O... waited for the baby....

Well basically had to finish or try to finish the house before the lil' one comes and would notbe subject to the paint, sawdust, chemicals etc.

Baby is 16 days old.. and eats and sleeps...
Only cries when hungry...
Moves and grooves... healthy as can be.

A True Miracle the baby

Michael

Old 10-30-2008, 11:44 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
congratulations to you and your wife on your baby boy!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM

8 posts, read 20,052 times
Michael, so pleased that Rubin arrived safe and sound. I'm amazed at all you've been able to accomplish. I hope you can quickly make the move to FL and are as happy as we are with our choice of locations.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:36 PM

698 posts, read 3,267,338 times
Michael,

CONGRATULATIONS on your precious baby boy! The delay could be a blessing because home prices have been dropping steadily. You'll be able to get a lot more home for less money now and over the next year or two.

Best wishes and enjoy and cherish every moment with your baby because they grow up soooo very fast!!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:32 PM

448 posts, read 1,471,062 times
best wishes to you and your wife. Rubin is going to be a joy and blessing. We just became grandparents again. For the 6th time She is beautiful. With a full head of hair. Amazing.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:01 PM

Default Thank You to all of You

Hi F-15, Florida Sandy, Aliza and Florida or Bust,,,,

Thank You to ALL of You.

Birth of a Baby is nothin' less than a Miracle.. well the Miracle of Life as it is said.

Lil Rubin was born 7 lbs 15 oz and 20.5" and is 3 weeks old tomorrow.

I look at him still with utter amazement (this is our 1st child and named after my Father)

We consider ourselves so so soooo very lucky...

Mom and Baby are well...

Delivery was easy,,, Mom pushed for 1/2 hr and out he came... whew.. a load off our minds as thoughts race through your head about actual delivery.

He sleeps and eats and only cries when hungry and breast feed totally.

I diaper him and burp him as Mom is done feeding and gets some rest.
But starting this week.. I have to get workin' on finishing the rest of the 5-10% still do do here... kitchen, bathrooms etc.

Back searching the postings for Treasure Coast and hope to plan a trip there myself,, a fact finding trip. Will set up job interviews as well... (I am a pharmacist) and drive all around looking at downtowns, residentials, beach sides, shopping, real estate brokers etc.

I cannot wait !!

Thanks again everyone for your congrats and well wishes.

Michael

Old 11-17-2008, 08:31 AM

4 posts, read 10,876 times
Hi, I'm a nurse and live in Brevard County. Viera is a new city with good schools. There is a minor league baseball stadium, a new mall, restaurants, doctors offices, and Temple Israel all right there. In addition, Health First (a large hospital system consisting of 3 hospitals, gyms, doctors offices, hospice, etc.) in in the process of building a new hospital right in Viera. Also the Brevard zoo is near by.
Having a pool is nice but not a must. Some of the subdivisions have community pools.
I hope this helps a little. Good luck with your research.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:25 PM

Default Hi PPN

Hi P-P-N

I have experienced some improper ones... well pharmacists as well.. to be fair.

I really want FLA,, my wife is concerned about hurricaines..
I replied .. when the wind blows.. just hold the baby tight

But seriously... we are interested to finally get out of NYC and move south of the Mason-Dixon line,,, laid back and friendly.

Treasure Coast has my interest.. but it ranges from just north of Melbourne as in Viera and down to Marin County... a lot of area to cover,, sheesh !!

Some people P-P-N, said Viera is treeless and I think they said cookie cutter... both not appealing

Any comments ?

I am glad you commented a pool is not necessary.. most replies are you need one..
I would rather use a community pool.
I have been there done that with a 30,000 gallon 20x45 concrete pool Upstate NY and we simply stopped opening it.. though I handled it all myself, opening and closing.. just found it was a waste.
Would rather pick up and get out.

Anyway P-P-N.. any further comments on Viera and points near, Melbourne etc,

Thanks

Michael
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach