Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2020, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,572 times

Advertisements

I tried looking in past threads and couldn't find exactly what I wanted to ask about.
My (28) husband (30) and I are looking to purchase a second home next summer/fall. We both work from home and have no children so we decided why not look for a second home closer to my family/ also to escape cold Ohio winters . My family is on the gulf coast and near Orlando but that isn't really where we wanted to be. We realistically would be about 50/50 Ohio and Florida and are hoping to make this home a place to retire in. I've researched the area and there seems to be enough stuff to do and there are airports within 1.5-2 hours which my husband will need for work travel. I'm a huge Disney fan and see it's about 2 hours from PSL to WDW.
Area there any neighborhoods that you would suggest for someone like us? We like the idea of a gated community like Newport Isles since we won't be occupying the house all the time but it isn't necessary. Our budget would be up to $250,000 and if it matters we do NOT plan to rent it out while not staying there. We are planning on coming down to spend more time in the area next spring/summer and are open to suggestions to check out.Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 01:43 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
sorry for late reply--I haven't been checking posts here lately.

First of all there are a lot of nice areas and communities to choose from in Port St Lucie. Lots more than Newport Isles.

With the virus restrictions, it became really difficult to get into houses unless they were empty, plus safety concerns for us as Realtors. I just sold a house to some people moving from Texas by me going to the top houses available that we liked and videotaping everything from arriving outside to walking through the front door and throughout the house. Opening all the closets, the refrigerator, cabinets, etc, just as if they were there. Running commentary on what I saw especially on things that were important to them. Even walking around outside for the husband and where his smoker was going. It worked out well.

Some homes were empty, some were occupied but I asked them to leave while I taped, and others refused showings at all --even with just me--complete with mask. Yes, things are changing--I'm trying to adapt too

Old 06-29-2020, 07:04 PM

481 posts, read 760,166 times
30 something here that live and own in Newport Isles and would highly recommend it due to the many amenities and location to the library, stores, parks, Tradition, etc. HOA fee is low compared to communities in Tradition and St. Lucie West. I would suggest after doing your research online to come down and stay at an AirBnB or hotel so you can check out places for yourself before making a decision to purchase. Good luck and feel free to ask any specific questions!

Old 06-29-2020, 11:07 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
The HOA fees might be less in Newport Isles but it also doesn't include lawn maintenance for single family homes and it shows. It also doesn't compare to Tradition and it's amenities, which ARE it's shopping, parks, etc. in any way.

There are also reasons why home prices have been lower in Newport Isles than other communities in the area for years. But, you will want to come and see each area for yourself.

Short term rental are back being allowed again, but that can change too. There is a nice hotel in Tradition right off I95 as well as several off St Lucie West Blvd.

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 06-29-2020 at 11:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach