Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2020, 02:14 PM

51 posts, read 94,784 times

Advertisements

I am looking for advice for a young family looking to move to Port St. Lucie/ Stuart. I have a 7, 9, and 11 year old. We are actually from MD, but have been living in Carlsbad, CA. Carlsbad has been great for the kids with lots of sports, excellent schools, and every outdoor activity you can imagine. We are leaving do to the governor here continuing to keep everything locked down. Kids still have no school or sports. He even closed the beaches and parks for months. Carlsbad is conservative unlike most of CA. I don't like the direction things are going here.

I am not worried about the humidity, but need advice in helping to pick the best area. My research shows me that the schools are good in this are. How are the people? Looking to avoid the spoiled, entitled, keep up with the Jones type areas. There is some of that where I am now, but for the most part its great families and kids with good morals and values.

We are also looking at Jupiter, Naples, Ponte Vedra Beach, and Venice. I am also open to other recommendations if someone has one. If any one has advice on any of the above it would really be appreciated. We are really looking for this to be our last move and want to put our children in the best possible environment around the best like minded people. Thank you so much.

Last edited by CMgyms; 10-25-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 05:26 PM

228 posts, read 360,287 times
We lived in Jupiter for 15 yrs and moved to Port St Lucie 7 yrs ago. Jupiter is getting way too busy and built up. (I dont know if you like that scene). We live in Sw Port St Lucie and love it!. Our neighborhood is very quiet and everyone pretty much keeps to themselves but will help you out in a pinch and let you know they are there if you need them.

I dont have much experience as far as the schools go as we homeschooled.

Good luck in your search! I cant believe whats going on in your state!

Old 10-25-2020, 08:14 PM

51 posts, read 94,784 times
Thank you. That sounds perfect.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,135,697 times
The areas you are looking in have different pricing --- Port St Lucie area is much lower than if you chose the Jupiter area. I live in Port St Lucie now, but have lived in Jupiter as well and liked it. Yes, things have grown for sure but a lot of people have moved North to this area for those reasons.

As far as Naples -- lived there for a year and couldn't wait to get out. Talk about who has and who has not-- wow, it was unbelievable! Talk about the spoiled, entitled, and keep up with the Jones types, it was an eye-opener. I was told to my face more than once that I did not belong there because I was not BORN there. And, at the time, the city rolled up the streets at 9pm and there was nothing to do. I would hope that has all changed but I wouldn't go back.

Old 11-14-2020, 04:03 PM

366 posts, read 361,522 times
Were in Sherman Oaks. Originally from Texas, but my wife is a writer/producer. Were on a 2 year window. We loved Jupiter. Loved Hobe Sound beach. Stuart's downtown was real nice. Going back in January. It has everything a Cali person is used to. TJ's and Whole Foods are in PalmBeachGardens. Sprouts is in Stuart. The traffic is like a country road compared to where I'm at.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:58 AM

9 posts, read 25,127 times
Don't forget about Jensen Beach! I bought my house here five years ago after moving from Key West and couldn't be happier. The proximity to the beach and the dining options are top notch. You are five minutes to Stuart and still under an hour to the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach