Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2021, 10:22 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,405 times

Advertisements

So what is the secret in getting this vaccine? DH (65+) has been on the St Lucie County list since early January and still has not been contacted to schedule an appointment. We check the websites of Walmart, Sams, Publix, etc daily and there are never any appointments available. I keep hearing so many people already getting their second shot but we've heard nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 01:34 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
So what is the secret in getting this vaccine? DH (65+) has been on the St Lucie County list since early January and still has not been contacted to schedule an appointment. We check the websites of Walmart, Sams, Publix, etc daily and there are never any appointments available. I keep hearing so many people already getting their second shot but we've heard nothing.

We are in the same boat. Problem is you can sign in for a shot in any county. I would say. Get on the Publix site before 7. They were going slower today and Indian River still had some when Brevard was already 100%. I hung on and waited to see if I ever could sign in in another county. I did eventually get in but the only appointment would mean I would have to drive home from Orlando by myself after dark. I don't feel comfortable doing that. I could not get my husband in to same store .

I did get in to sign up Monday for Osceola but then the site said my e-mail and cell phone number were invalid. Be sure to have your Medicare # and your driver's license number handy. If you take too long filling out the forms someone else gets the appointment.

Looks like the waiting will be competing against a whole new age or occupation category on Monday so it may be even harder next week.

What I am reading is....get a young person on a different computer trying for appointment at same time on as many screens as you can and then you might get one. UGH..... there has got to have been a better way.

Old 02-28-2021, 01:50 AM

49 posts, read 44,414 times
Also get in the habit of checking Walgreens and CVS, they may require preregistration but that will only speed the process each time you check. When I got mine it seemed like Walgreen's reloads their site around midnight, that was three weeks ago.

Old 02-28-2021, 09:01 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I had my 1st vaccine shot yesterday (Pfizer). I got my shot at the VA. It's the only place I could find to get it. I was fine yesterday but overnight I woke up with a terrible headache and feeling very exhausted. It's now 24 hours since I got the shot and the symptoms don't seem to be fading. I'm going to lie down. Definitely 2 of the many symptoms I had when I developed Covid in Dec. I certainly hope this is nothing more than a temporary side effect of the vaccine.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:58 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Got my vaccine yesterday. Had to make an appointment at a Publix in the next county. Made a day of it. Have a son that lives on the West side of that county so he drove the hour to meet us at the Publix. We had Publix subs together at a park. Even though my appointment was at 3, I asked the pharmacist if it would be possible to get my shot while my guys ordered the subs. No problem.

Today the only side effect I am having is I got the best night of sleep since last March. I usually sleep between 5 and 6 hours a night. I slept 10 hours last night. Do not have a lot of energy today and feel like I need to take a nap. No headache, swelling, or any other problems.

1 step closer to being able to be able to do more things with less worry.

A friend came through and I got an appointment for my husband next week at a doctors group. Hopefully they will have the vaccine.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:47 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
I agree, check the CVS site often,they put the shot appointments randomly, they are scheduling the J and J today
..This am I was able to get a Publix appt thus am at the River gate Publix after about 20 minutes after 7 am

Old 03-06-2021, 07:15 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
CVS FT Pierce has them right Now cor Thursday Friday, just bokked one cor someone

Old 03-09-2021, 12:47 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I have an older relative who lives in Sebastian. He is having trouble finding a place to get the shot. Any recommendations? He's in his mid-70s and can't find a place.

Honestly, I am concerned about him.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:56 PM

44 posts, read 81,503 times
Florida Dept of Health is WORTHLESS! Got a jab at Walmart of all places, Dept of health called me couple days later (took 6 weeks) to tell me they could get me a spot in the next county. Waste!

Old 03-19-2021, 11:05 AM

300 posts, read 475,866 times
It took about 2 weeks to get my appointment through Indian River County for the first shot. I live in Vero Beach and I am over the age of 65.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach