Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 08:46 AM

5 posts, read 10,658 times

Advertisements

Hi there! We are a family of 4 (soon to be 5) with 2 boys ages 7 and 3 and are thinking about relocating to the Treasure Coast area- specifically looking at Palm City and Stuart. We are coming next week to check the area out, but I’m wondering if anyone has made a similar move and if you are happy with the decision. We work from home, so that is not an issue. We are looking for a slower pace of life in a less crowded, family friendly area. My concern is that, coming from an area with an abundance of things to do we may get bored. Secondly, I worry that this area may be catered more to retirees as opposed to young families. I would love to find out also the best areas to consider for families similar to us to check out while we are there.

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 02:34 PM

234 posts, read 387,801 times
If you are working from home and don't need to be close to 95 or the turnpike for commuting to work, then you should also consider Jensen Beach. Jensen Beach is family friendly and has the A rated Martin County schools, but it's much closer to the beach and intracoastal waterway than Palm City. Jensen Beach has a downtown area and just seems to have more going on than Palm City.

The area does have a noticeable snowbird population, so there is certainly a large retiree population in the winter months. From Census data Jensen Beach, Stuart, and Palm City have an average age of 52.7, 51.1, and 50.6, respectively which is comparable to Sarasota with an average age of 49.2 and much younger than Naples at 66. Port St Lucie borders the area and has a much younger average age of 42.5. Port St Lucie has a population of close to 200,000, so it does bring some youth to the area. Orlando has an average age of 33.8, so the area will be noticeably older than where you are coming from.

If you enjoy the beach, fishing, boating, diving, and other activities on the water, then I think you will enjoy this area more than Orlando. This area is also known for golf just like Orlando. Obviously this area does not have theme parks like Orlando. Bigger city amenities can be found in West Palm Beach about an hour away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach