U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2006, 09:21 PM

80 posts, read 444,768 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Vero Beach area and was wondering about some places to check out while Im here. I have been to Disney and a few other places I was wondering about this area?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2006, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 52,013 times
I am moving to Vero Beach from Ohio in about 3 weeks for work. Just like mountainman asked, is there anything fun to do in the area? I'm still young(although I don't feel like it) and am curious to know if there is any sort of night life in the area? What is population like age wise...mostly middle aged or older? I'm a single guy so it would be nice to know if there were any women in the 22-28 range...lol. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 04:35 PM

Hey Buckeye I was up in Ohio Working last year I was north of Akron. I dont know about the night life yet but I went to the South Beach at Vero today and lots of single women there some Hotties too . As far as the age group Lots of women at the beach my age and younger Im 33. But there is a lot of retirement communities inland. Try south beach when you get here.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:18 PM

5 posts, read 52,013 times
Sounds good Mountain Man! Where were you at north of Akron?? I'm about 10-15 minutes south of Cleveland in Parma. Can't wait to get the heck out of here...

Old 05-14-2006, 09:54 AM

I worked in a few places there Newton Falls, Warren, and below Canfield. I bet you are glad to get away. There are sime nice people there but not much to do but go to the bar in the evenings and lots of bad weather.I got some friends in Madison and an aunt that lives in Jefferson .
The beach here is full of girls especially Friday and Saturday. Lots of college girls and some from all over I have talked to girls from Virginia, Indiana, and one was from Poland. I found one nice Place its called Captain Hirams in Sebastian Fl about 10 miles from Vero They have live music and good food and drinks

Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-14-2006 at 09:57 AM..

Old 05-14-2006, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 22,459 times
Lightbulb Moonrise

Capture the beautiful sight-last night was 8:50pm so try to see it tonight at 9:50pm-DVR Survivor Finale-last night no clouds on the horizon so the full moon popped out of the ocean as orange as the sun and it was fantastic. Sundays are fun at SBI north of the inlet-oceanfront deck with live music and sights you'll like.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:47 AM

904 posts, read 2,679,210 times
Lived here all my life. Things to do in Vero? For a single guy? You are making me laugh.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:05 PM

1,305 posts, read 5,185,777 times
VBmom is right. Essentially, in the Treasure Coast area, you make your own fun. Sure, there are neighborhood taverns, etc., but there are no theme parks, water slide parks, race tracks, adventure parks, etc. There are only so many times you can visit the McKee Botanical Gardens...

What you do have are the beaches, the ocean, the Indian River Lagoon (looks like a wide river but it's actually a saltwater lagoon behind the barrier islands), etc. Get a catamaran sailboat (like a Hobie Cat), or take up surf fishing, or get Scuba certified, or get do some long-distance bike riding.

For the rest of it, we travel. Like you, to Disney or the other Orlando parks, to Daytona or Sebring for the sports car racing, to the larger cities (Daytona, West Palm Beach) for the night life, etc. And then, we are happy to come home to our less intensive and quieter bit of Florida.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 18,370 times
I Live In Sebastian And I Am Looking For Some Fun People To Hang Out With. I Am 25 And I Am Looking For People My Age To Go Out With Can Anyone Help Me.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:08 PM

4,423 posts, read 6,526,358 times
Take my word for it... I love it here but there is no nightlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach