U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM

9 posts, read 40,681 times

Advertisements

I heard a rumor that we are getting a Ruby Tuesdays, Autozone and another bank on Gatlin BLVD. Any Truth to this? Anything else planned?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:22 AM

2,143 posts, read 7,450,323 times
A regional mall.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 PM

17,288 posts, read 26,984,648 times
Gosh, I remember when Gatlin Blvd. was unpaved and a virtual "no mans land."

I wonder how the Treasure Coast Mall will fare if a regional mall DOES open up in PSL? Same thing with Vero Beach's outlet mall if an outlet mall opens up in Tradition.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Gosh, I remember when Gatlin Blvd. was unpaved and a virtual "no mans land."

I wonder how the Treasure Coast Mall will fare if a regional mall DOES open up in PSL? Same thing with Vero Beach's outlet mall if an outlet mall opens up in Tradition.
It will hurt the Treasure Coast Mall, which is already getting seedy and does not really have any decent stores.

The biggest problem with the Treasure Coast Mall, other than age, is that is is so far off I-95. The PSL Mall is supposed to be like Wellington Green, but nicer.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:25 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,426,065 times
I am SO looking forward to this new mall. The Treasure Coast Mall has seen better days and my best guess is that it will ultimately end up looking like the Palm Beach Mall in West Palm Beach. It's horrible! Have any of you been there lately? It's a ghost town- much of the mall is made up of local businesses (wholesale clothing stores, jewelry carts, cellphone carts, etc). I can hardly believe they're still in business. I don't travel there to shop (but I work in that area). Thank God for the Gardens Mall. I haven't been to Wellington yet, but I hear its really nice, too.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 AM

17,288 posts, read 26,984,648 times
It's strange you guys think the Treasure Coast Mall is going downhill. I was just speaking to a co-worker the other day who grew up in Stuart and had just moved back down after grad school, and we were remarking about how we thought the TC mall was getting better. I mean, a COACH store? In the Treasure Coast Mall?! I mean, it's no Louis, but that's progress. Plus they're adding on to the front? Granted, the areas down by Sears and Macy's need work, but I have hope for the TC mall. It was a LOT worse a few years ago when there were like, three dollar stores.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's strange you guys think the Treasure Coast Mall is going downhill. I was just speaking to a co-worker the other day who grew up in Stuart and had just moved back down after grad school, and we were remarking about how we thought the TC mall was getting better. I mean, a COACH store? In the Treasure Coast Mall?! I mean, it's no Louis, but that's progress. Plus they're adding on to the front? Granted, the areas down by Sears and Macy's need work, but I have hope for the TC mall. It was a LOT worse a few years ago when there were like, three dollar stores.
They are putting in a steakhouse. There is a lot of crime at the mall. The stores are not doing well. It is very seedy. A new regional mall would finish it off.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 PM

4,509 posts, read 7,727,133 times
Ok.. I have some news for you then. Lily...you know the construction where the new fire station is being built....

we are getting a TANGER OUTLET MALL there!

It was supposed to built over on the other side of I95 by Sams and Walmart...but ended up here. I personally would have preferred it stay over there..but..
it means JOBS!

Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 10,365 times
I'm new to Gatlin area. What is being built around here besides the Outlet stores?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:13 PM

2 posts, read 10,365 times
Default Gatlin area

I'm new to this area. Is anything else being built besides Walgreen in that general vicinity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach