Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 AM

109 posts, read 330,901 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

I could really use some help finding out some information about PSL. My husband was offered a construction job over there and I am very concerned about the criminality, as I've read it's a big issue to that county. If anyone can tell me if there's racism toward the latin people, I would really appreciate your advice.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,017 times
I don't think you'll have a problem here. I don't know who's scaring you about crime but coming from Miami I find the "crime" here to be laughable. This is the safest place I've ever lived. My husband and I take late night walks around our neighborhood as late as midnight and we feel perfectly safe.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 AM

96 posts, read 360,494 times
Well you've come to the right place! Let's get started!

Port Saint Lucie was named one of Florida's safest cities for 7 years straight. It is also the second largest ( land area) in Florida. It was also named the fastest growing in the United States two years ago! ( it's now the third fastest growing) Port Saint Lucie also has nice communities, mostly for young couples and families. Older couples tend to enjoy Martin County, which borders Port Saint Lucie to the south. Port Saint Lucie is also home to the New York Mets's spring training site. A future downtown is planned for the eastern half of the booming city, and a biotech company called Torrey Pines had recently announced it has picked Port Saint Lucie to do research. ( It is based near San Diego and is now being constructed in Port St. Lucie. If you want any other information, look at the post below!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:29 AM

To see Torrey Pines's progess, visit Torrey Pines - Port St. Lucie
To look into one of Port Saint Lucie's most recent developments, Tradition, visit Tradition Commercial.
A future 1.3 million square foot mall is in plans for Tradition, an ideal place to begin your journey in this sucessful and caring city. There are also many events that go on year round at Tradition Field, home of the mets! Just ask and I'll tell you more! I should stop before my fingers break! Ha ha! Good Luck! And Welcome to Port Saint Lucie, whose motto is " A City For All Ages!"

Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM

And forget about the crime! That's mostly in the northern part of the county, not the southern part. Latins are welcome anywhere in either Martin or St. Lucie. We are a mix of races, and everyone is welcome!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:48 AM

Fort pierce has crime, that's north of Port Saint Lucie. Their downtown is very unique though. I would avoid that area, and stay in south county near Stuart.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
I live in Tradition, PSL. It is safe. My GSD, search and rescue trained has nothing to do everyday. Life is too boring for her. She loves the days when we were at Los Angeles, so many bad guys to chase.... Here is her doing nothing at her home in PSL. So peaceful.
Attached Thumbnails
Info about PSL-gsd2.jpg  

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
Just to clarify. As far as I know, Tradition is a very safe. My GSD is a retired police dog from Los Angeles. She is not old but injured. She is not on call with PSL police department. If I have more time, I may enroll her for some volunteer work.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 PM

573 posts, read 2,442,488 times
LingLing, your dog looks very relaxed and at home lounging by the pool. My grandmother had a German Shepherd, a great dog.

Caribbean, Port St. Lucie is very safe. I go bike riding and walking almost every day, never afraid of who I may run into. I even go shopping at Wal-Mart at midnight and never think twice about walking to my car with tons of groceries. PSL is a safe city and not at all racist.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanppl View Post
Hi there!

I could really use some help finding out some information about PSL. My husband was offered a construction job over there and I am very concerned about the criminality, as I've read it's a big issue to that county. If anyone can tell me if there's racism toward the latin people, I would really appreciate your advice.

Thank you

Port St. Lucie is beautiful. As far as problems with the criminality- you're thinking of Ft. Pierce. Ft. Pierce and Port St. Lucie are a part of St. Lucie County. Many people from Port St. Lucie (the younger town of the two) are from up north (NY, Jersey, etc) and you will find many latin people here. It's pretty diverse really. You'll like it.

Ft. Pierce has more of an innercity feel, lower income, poverty, crime and not a place you would want to get lost in. If you're hearing news about St. Lucie County, you're probably confusing it with PORT st. lucie but they may be referring to Ft. Pierce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach