Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 09:18 AM

623 posts, read 958,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobabies View Post
Port st lucie sucks...nothing but stick houses houses and more houses oh & lots of plazas..hope you don't need a job b/c there aren't any here.
https://youtu.be/YWyCCJ6B2WE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 01:10 PM

1,107 posts, read 545,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker1ray View Post
I have lived all over the country from way north to way south. I have found from 58 years of experience that if you are willing to work and have mouths to feed, jobs can be had anywhere. Too many people feel that they are to good to do certain jobs. I have done everything from shovel sht# to Network admin. I worked service sector jobs and put myself through college. Quite complaining and try to focus on a goal, and you would be amazed what doors will open! We visited PSL and loved it. We hope to move there in four month in preparation for retirement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker1ray View Post
No area is ever perfect. We have been there several times and decided to sell everything, quit our jobs and just move. We purchased a beautiful rancher next to St. Lucie West, and move in ten days. What I have found in my short 57 years of life is that home is what you make of it. It takes far more energy to complain that make it what you want. Just remember if life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
I just love your outlook, parker1ray!

Old 03-03-2020, 03:46 PM

24 posts, read 24,448 times
Default I like the way you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I see alot of threads on PSL with few complaints. I checked house prices and you can get a starter house for $150-200k which is a good deal cheaper than further south. Also the crime is less than half. Does anyone know what the exact crime index for PSL is? I believe its like 400, this in comparsion to 900 for Palm Beach County! I also heard there are not really any "rough" areas or neighboorhoods in PSL. If this is true, it does not matter where in PSL to live. In Palm Beach County, you need at least $250k for a starter house in a safe(r) neighboorhood.

Maybe I can get a good forclosure deal on a handyman special starter house and we will do the repairs ourselves. I know with my budget of around $50k I wont be getting a luxury house. I checked the forclosure website and saw a 900 footer 2/1 house for $25k. Does anyone have further info on this? Would I have to contact the banks for a list of forclosures?

The weather even in central FL is better than in south FL as its 2-5 degrees cooler which means less a/c needed, yet not cold enough to need heat.

I will stay in FL, just relocate to a different city without much of the problems of south FL. Thats if I am able to get an affordable deal. I did the math on property taxes and at $125k and $50k homestead exemption(raised from 25k) My taxable value is $75k which comes out to $1500 a year, the same property taxes as a $50k house in a location like Oil city. Insurance is probably gonna be ridiculous, ill just self insure by setting aside money in case of a hurricane. I am not gonna play their games with their ever increasing insurance, they wont get my business. PSL probably will appreciate more than Oil city and if I can get a good deal on a forclosure handyman special, ill have equity once we fix her up.
The best way to find foreclosures is realtytrac.com

Old 03-04-2020, 09:20 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,141,314 times
Not sure what- Need-Affordable-Home was looking at for $50,000 but it doesn't exist in this area -- a lot maybe, or a trailer/manufactured home but those days are long gone. I just looked on MLS and realtytrac -- nope, nothing. There are HUD homes listed for auction with a starting bid that's low but that means nothing. There are still flippers out there that have cash in hand to buy anything and rehab to sell again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach