Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,861 times

Advertisements

There is Vero Beach City which encompasses only a small part of Vero Beach and the rest of Vero Beach is Indian River County. As an example, where I live in Vero Beach, we have Indian River County police vs. Vero Beach police. I suggest if you need more information regarding Vero Beach that you google Indian River County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 09:06 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,632 times
Default cool link

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2007: Compare tool

here you can compare vero beach to vero beach south or any other city if you want. (of course these are 2007 statistics)
Hi Sandy,

Cool link to the compare tool for cities I can look up in FLA and compare it to the list... thanks

Michael

Old 11-03-2008, 02:01 PM

448 posts, read 1,470,857 times
what is the difference from Vero and Vero Beach? We are lookin at homes on the web in both those areas. Also Ft Pierce. But I heard mixed reviews about FTP. Still not sure what area. Sebastian is looking quite promising.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:35 AM

628 posts, read 1,315,713 times
Vero Beach South is not a separate city but rather a designation for census data only. Vero and Vero Beach are one in the same.
John
Vero Beach South, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-10-2010, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 7,150 times
Default Vero & South Vero are the same town

Vero Beach, Vero, South Vero, even SW Vero are all the same town. Anyone who lives in these areas all have a Postal Address of Vero Beach. As the population of Vero has grown, the census data was broken down into these areas to map data only. There is only one Vero Beach which was estabished in 1893 by Henry T. Gifford. (Funny history: When Mr. Gifford applied to the Postal Service for a Vero Beach Post Office, they approved his request but made a mistake and returned his application with the name Zero Beach. Mr. Gifford subsequently fixed this, but the nickname Zero Beach has stuck ever since. Teenagers around here of coarse think they made up the name.)

Thirty years ago when I first started visiting friends who lived here on Coral Ave (off A1A), Vero was very quiet, serene and not built up. Later, as a teenager, I worked all over, Village South (no longer here), Johns Island, the historic Patio Restaurant, etc...I watched as open patches of beautiful green open spaces were bought up and built upon. It is still a beautiful city, with lots to do for the retired, but very conjested with buildings, people and rush hour traffic.

My suggestion for anyone who wants to retire here: Do your searches using the key phrase 'Indian River County'. A ten to twenty minute drive in any direction will take you to a fun retirement experience. I personally love Sebastian (where I live now). Sebastian reminds me of the old Vero. If I want to do anything a little more upbeat, I drive to my friends in Vero or drive up to Melbourne.

Anyway, thats just my observation over many years of visiting and living here. Where ever you decide to retire, I hope you have a long and happy life!

Old 09-12-2010, 04:49 PM

185 posts, read 457,559 times
isn't Vero Beach South considered like the "Vero Highlands" area? If so, it's crappy run down houses. If you want cheap go there, otherwise retire somewhere nice.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadidonato View Post
isn't Vero Beach South considered like the "Vero Highlands" area? If so, it's crappy run down houses. If you want cheap go there, otherwise retire somewhere nice.

The highlands is just south of Sebastian. And yes, there are a few run down houses, but a friend of mine lives there and her house is gorgeous! Indian River county is full of hidden treasures...you just have to hunt for it Down town Vero has the cutest house for sale right behind the library...65 thou or 50 thou cash. The thing is....it needs major renovation, so you definatly have to do your homework.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,259 times
I live in Vero Beach, retired here from NJ five years ago. I love it, very nice community just no jobs. I think it's the perfect spot for quiet and your a very short drive to EVERYTHING. Buy now they are GIVING houses away. I paid $300,000., now worth $150,000., it's a buyers market.

Never heard of South Vero Beach!

Last edited by Cindy S. Lynch; 02-02-2012 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: left something out

Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 PM

54 posts, read 86,740 times
Default Vero

Recently moved to Vero and when I explained to people where I lived they said "you live in South Vero Beach" so maybe thats what people mean. I live South of Oslo off of US1. Love it here.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:35 PM

46 posts, read 194,059 times
South Vero Beach is everything south of 8th st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach