Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times

Advertisements

Your barrier island has a nuclear power plant on it. Route 1 as it goes through PSL is outright dank and ugly. Oh, and the daily stories about busting grow houses in PSL. Now that's where I'd want to live!!! And btw, my neighbors are all young people professional people with children. I've been to the mall at Tradition... let's see, you have an Old Navy and a few other nondescript big box stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 04:47 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Your barrier island has a nuclear power plant on it. Route 1 as it goes through PSL is outright dank and ugly. Oh, and the daily stories about busting grow houses in PSL. Now that's where I'd want to live!!! And btw, my neighbors are all young people professional people with children. I've been to the mall at Tradition... let's see, you have an Old Navy and a few other nondescript big box stores.
We have a mall at Tradition? News to me. We have stores here yes, but nobody has yet to claim it's a mall. Old Navy, yes there is one here, but so is:
  • AT&T
  • Babies R Us
  • Bed, Bath & Beyond
  • Bella Lanni Nail Spa
  • Catherines
  • Dress Barn
  • Famous Footwear
  • Gamestop
  • GNC
  • Great Clips
  • Justice for Girls
  • LA Fitness
  • Lane Bryant
  • Let's Eat
  • Longhorn Steakhouse
  • Mattress Firm
  • McDonald’s
  • Merle Norman
  • Michael's
  • National City
  • Office Max
  • Old Navy
  • Olive Garden
  • Payless
  • Petsmart
  • Pier
  • Sky Dragon
  • Specs Optical
  • Sports Authority
  • Target
  • Tropical Smoothie
  • TJ Maxx
  • Ulta Cosmetics
  • Opening Soon: Crepe Maker
  • Opening Soon: Boca Tanning
And add that to all the stores along St Lucie West Blvd. that are newly opened and still going. Not bad...not bad at all.

Grow houses are not here alone, you have your share as well.

The barrier Islands plant is probably closer to you than to me. And driving down US#1 in PSL has a lot of brand new roads.

But apparently you like living in Vero, and I like not living in Vero.
To each his own.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM

Where's your Macy's? Where's your Dillards? Oh, wait... you have to come to Vero Beach or go south to WPB if you want something better than Old Navy. Where are your marinas? Where's your beach for that matter? You can get a hell of a burn at Nuke Beach??

Old 10-30-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Where's your Macy's? Where's your Dillards? Oh, wait... you have to come to Vero Beach or go south to WPB if you want something better than Old Navy. Where are your marinas? Where's your beach for that matter? You can get a hell of a burn at Nuke Beach??

Macys and Dillards are right here just off US#1. I don't have to go to yours.

Marinas are everywhere! Are you kidding! There is even a huge one past the turnpike out by the lock! We have water everywhere!

Beach...well, you have to drive a ways to get to yours too, not like it's an easy treck at least from where I live. All the others have to do is go over one of the bridges to free beach parks.

As for the plant..hey, if it goes you go too!

You need to quit taking those "nasty" pills every day... lighten up.

Like I said.. you like Vero... I don't.

End of story....

Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Lol, you're embarassing yourself, and you don't even know it.

VERO BEACH is not a high class town, so stop trying to be a snob about it. There's nothing worse than a snobby person with no business being so. As the good folks in Riviera Beach can tell you, proximity to fanciness does not make YOU a fancy person. And remember, what you consider "fancy" could eb someone else's low class. You see, "Macy's" and "Dillards" aren't classy stores. They are mid-brow at best, and rank somewhere between the GAP and Banana Republic in terms of quality and fanciness. But you see, I think it's very apparent you're not very travelled through the Southern Treasure Coast areas.

PSL shoppers are more apt to go to the Treasure Coast Mall for "Macys" and "Dillards" if they want, than they are to go to Indian River. When I lived in PSL growing up, we only went to the Indian River Mall when it was the nicest theater around. Now it's the oldest around, it's far away, and there are better offerings in PSL and Jensen Beach. And you see, these days, if PSL shoppers want REAL fine shopping, they are closer to the Gardens Mall (30-40 minutes) than you are to Orlando (over an hour), for Saks, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, etc (and yes, there's even a Dillards and a Macys for your fancy self as well).

Grow houses?:

Grow house found in crackdown in Vero Beach : Police : TCPalm

Again, PSL has almost TEN TIMES the population of Vero Beach, and yet you manage to have more violent and property crime.

BTW, according to City-Data stats, Port St. Lucie is 75% family households, while Vero Beach, your retirement mecca full of "familes and young professionals" is only about 50% families.

But hey, it's also good to live in a place where you know you'll fit in better after you retire, right?

If PSL is not for you, fine, but please, you're shallow and unknowledgable critique of the city is not helpful. I agree with FlaLadyB... lay off the nasty pills.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB;

As to the other post about the outlet mall...it's under construction at this moment here in Tradition.

Do you know what stores are coming in?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:06 AM

WOW! Are you showing me who YOU are. PSL is what it is and you are what you are. Most importantly, home is where the heart is so enjoy.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Do you know what stores are coming in?
I did call to ask .....read todays paper -

"Tanger Outlets' decision to cancel its purchase option in Tradition is unfortunate, but it is a result of the challenging economic conditions and credit crisis facing retailers and commercial developers nationwide," Reilly said.

Reilly said one benefit to the project being put on hold is that local retail stores will have less competition during the economic slowdown.

They were going full guns since I drive by there every day all day, but I can also see where they would make the decision due to the economy.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
WOW! Are you showing me who YOU are. PSL is what it is and you are what you are. Most importantly, home is where the heart is so enjoy.
Yeah. I think I'll accept that as a "Gee, you're right. I really have no business trying to be a snob when I live in Vero Beach and gee, I really know little to nothing about PSL besides what I see when I pass by on the highway."

Great. Now that THAT'S settled, we can proceed. Pictures anyone?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Lol, you're embarassing yourself, and you don't even know it.

VERO BEACH is not a high class town, so stop trying to be a snob about it. There's nothing worse than a snobby person with no business being so. As the good folks in Riviera Beach can tell you, proximity to fanciness does not make YOU a fancy person. And remember, what you consider "fancy" could eb someone else's low class. You see, "Macy's" and "Dillards" aren't classy stores. They are mid-brow at best, and rank somewhere between the GAP and Banana Republic in terms of quality and fanciness. But you see, I think it's very apparent you're not very travelled through the Southern Treasure Coast areas.

PSL shoppers are more apt to go to the Treasure Coast Mall for "Macys" and "Dillards" if they want, than they are to go to Indian River. When I lived in PSL growing up, we only went to the Indian River Mall when it was the nicest theater around. Now it's the oldest around, it's far away, and there are better offerings in PSL and Jensen Beach. And you see, these days, if PSL shoppers want REAL fine shopping, they are closer to the Gardens Mall (30-40 minutes) than you are to Orlando (over an hour), for Saks, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, etc (and yes, there's even a Dillards and a Macys for your fancy self as well).

Grow houses?:

Grow house found in crackdown in Vero Beach : Police : TCPalm

Again, PSL has almost TEN TIMES the population of Vero Beach, and yet you manage to have more violent and property crime.

BTW, according to City-Data stats, Port St. Lucie is 75% family households, while Vero Beach, your retirement mecca full of "familes and young professionals" is only about 50% families.

But hey, it's also good to live in a place where you know you'll fit in better after you retire, right?

If PSL is not for you, fine, but please, you're shallow and unknowledgable critique of the city is not helpful. I agree with FlaLadyB... lay off the nasty pills.
i know that wasn't my post, but just to correct you on vero beach,
Other accolades for Vero Beach includes a #1 rank as "the best small town in Florida and 12th in the nation" by America's Guide to Small Towns. The artistic side of Vero Beach gained the town recognition as one of the "top 10 art towns in the country."
as well, indian river county is the only county in florida not considered to be in a recession according to Moody's.
i don't want to knock other counties or cities, because there really is something for everybody in florida, but you just can't say that our area is "low class" because it is not true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach