Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,050 times

Advertisements

Hello, will be moving to Vero Bch soon, visited few times but would like some opionons or comments about housing, schools and family recreaction. Looking at the point west community off of route 60. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 AM

320 posts, read 1,129,537 times
Bump

I'd like some info on Vero Beach too if anyone has anything. I like the fact that it has one of the lowest crime rates. How are the beaches there?

Old 11-14-2006, 07:42 AM

243 posts, read 1,096,748 times
The beaches there are nice--the sand is very smooth, great for walking+jogging. There's a nice consistent break a few yards out in the surf for the surfers.

Vero Beach the town is very nice, lots of native palms, uncrowded, nicely kept. Not much to complain about with Vero, other than good paying jobs are kinda scarce and many residents find themselves commuting to Melbourne or St. Lucie county for work. It's not a terrible commute though.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times
Vero Beach is lovely. The beaches are never crowded. The restaurants are good, the schools are good, the people are friendly. Pointe West is very nice. It's near shopping, about 20 minutes from the beach, and close to highways but not too close.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:55 AM

124 posts, read 509,194 times
I have lived in Vero Beach for 8 months. I am from the UK and have previously lived in Texas for 2 Years. Initially I really enjoyed living in Vero but I am glad to be moving on again. The beach are great, if you head down A1A towards Fort Pierce the beach seem to be less crowded. Vero does have its fair share of crazy drivers (and I thought Texas was bad!) you really have to watch out for people pulling out of junctions at you.

I live approx .5 mile form Point West, Pointe West is a nice development it has its own golf course and polo field. From what I have heard a lot of people have purchased property as an investment, there now seems to be tons of new/never lived in properties on the market (particualy in Pointe West). It seems it is hard to sell a properties so only buy if you are planning on staying a while.

Pointe West is just off SR60 the main road in Vero, it is situated between the Mall and the outlet mall. Sorry I know nothing about schools as I don`t have children.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:59 AM

251 posts, read 885,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Vero Beach is lovely. The beaches are never crowded. The restaurants are good, the schools are good, the people are friendly. Pointe West is very nice. It's near shopping, about 20 minutes from the beach, and close to highways but not too close.
Yes and if you check out the FDLE Sex Offenders List you will find in your prestigious Pointe West has LOTS and LOTS of Sex offenders. I just checked out a school (Beachland Elementary School) where homes are between $550k to 689K and there are 67 Sex Offenders just within 5 miles of this one school!!
Yes I am sure there are "very" friendly people there.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:32 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
Yes and if you check out the FDLE Sex Offenders List you will find in your prestigious Pointe West has LOTS and LOTS of Sex offenders. I just checked out a school (Beachland Elementary School) where homes are between $550k to 689K and there are 67 Sex Offenders just within 5 miles of this one school!!
Yes I am sure there are "very" friendly people there.
Florida is the pedophile capital of America. They're everywhere. And Pointe West is not prestigious. It's nasty. They're building KB townhomes there in the low $200,000s that are guaranteed to crumble and fall apart. The homes in the upper $500k range are mostly empty and they rent out to the Dodgers during spring training.

Vero Beach stops after the Indian River Mall as you go west on SR60. Anything west of that is just barren wastelands. Pointe West is a ghost town waiting to lure buyers who can't afford to live anywhere else in Vero.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:51 PM

251 posts, read 885,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Florida is the pedophile capital of America. They're everywhere. And Pointe West is not prestigious. It's nasty. They're building KB townhomes there in the low $200,000s that are guaranteed to crumble and fall apart. The homes in the upper $500k range are mostly empty and they rent out to the Dodgers during spring training.

Vero Beach stops after the Indian River Mall as you go west on SR60. Anything west of that is just barren wastelands. Pointe West is a ghost town waiting to lure buyers who can't afford to live anywhere else in Vero.
[quote=verobeach;184812] Vero Beach is lovely. The beaches are never crowded. The restaurants are good, the schools are good, the people are friendly. Pointe West is very nice. It's near shopping, about 20 minutes from the beach, and close to highways but not too close.

VEROBEACH, It was "you" who stated that said Pointe West was "very nice" all I did was google Pointe West and found a website that stated the range of homes there and a "prestigious" Elementary School close and then I went to the FDLE website with the zipcode and it showed 67 sex offenders within 5 mils of the school. Now you say this area is "nasty".....which is it "very nice" or "nasty"

Old 11-30-2006, 01:51 PM

4 posts, read 18,792 times
Aha! Timely post. We just looked at properties at PW. Theres about 30 for sale. Pointe West is better than living in a trailer park, better than living in Ft Pierce or PSL, but I agree that it's not really VB. I dunno about nasty but it's not what VB is known for. Too Suffolk the original poster, keep looking. You'll find your jewel in VB.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 AM

904 posts, read 2,872,560 times
I have lived in Vero most of my life. I am raising my kids here. The schools are okay to great (depending on which one you are zoned for). There are many wonderful areas of Vero, there is also some not so nice areas. I guess it's the same everywhere.

I would avoid some of the new communities such as Pointe West. Vero has just been through a huge housing boom and a lot of out of town builders came to cash in. Many cookie cutter subdivisions sprang up with builders building and selling as fast as they could. Result: some cheaply built houses.

Watch where you buy and come on down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach