Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well I just recently read this thread so I apologize on my late input (if you wanted it that is). You couldn't pay me enough to move back to Port St. Lucie. It's so boring and stepford. I would consider a more 'alive' place like Miami or Cooper City or even Boca Roton!! Those are cities where I have family and they're okay to me. I lived in Port St. Lucie for 4 years. No other family members but my mother, my father, and my sister. It was ok. But that's all it was. It wasn't good, it wasn't great. Bottom line - I wouldn't move back. I don't want to put forth my teen outlook on life or whatever but in my immature opinion, Port St. Lucie sucks.
Stepford?

Hmmmm..... I thought PSL was looked down upon by some because it wasn't Stepford ENOUGH, with it's "do what you want to do" attitude in many parts of the city.

Just goes to show that what they say about opinions is true....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 02:21 PM

38 posts, read 82,777 times
Talking I can't wait

My fiance is in PSL, I am literally off the bus returning to cold NE U S of A and i can not wait to get back to PSL and him!!!!

Young lady, I hope you and your babe get back a.s.a.p. I am convinced you will still love it.

LL

Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
Southbend is very nice section of PSL. It was almost 12 years ago when my neighbor looked for a vacant lot to build her home. She found several on the water for $60k. Seems high at the time because an entire home could be built for $60k 12 years ago but she bought it. Her home is 3bd, 2bth, 2cg and two years ago was going for $750k. WOW... Nowadays it is just a hunch but I guess her home is now around $400k or less. She is our neighbor and each of us plan to stay here forever. Our home is larger but we did pay a lot more than she did but our home is worth a tad more than her home but still less than we paid. Nothing like buying high and seeing your home steadily decrease..

There are around 25 or so homes that have access to the ocean that are located within the Southbend parameters.. Some ocean access homes are in Southbend within 3 small gated communities and ours is not. There are so many very nice homes in Southbend and we love it regardless of what the appraisers say our 4 year old home is now worth.

I would reccomend to locate a realtor and one that is familiar with most locals within PSL...There is a few more than helpful agents that go on this site that would be well qualified to suit your needs and have many opportunities to see that you get what you want.

Last edited by Synergy1; 10-17-2009 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach