Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 06:35 AM

578 posts, read 1,777,968 times

Advertisements

The Crosstown expressway opened a day early on Saturday at I-95. Most people including me assumed the road would be open all the way to Tradition since those of us who live within site of that stretch saw trucks going down the road west of the new bridge across the canal. Well not so fast. If you exit at I-95 you get to the bottom of the hill and you have to make a uturn because the bridge is not open. Now the trick is that instead of blocking the exit at the top of the hill you drive about 1/4 mile down the hill only to find out that you have to go back. They should have baracaded that side and prevented people from going down that hill.

On a nother note speaking of access to Tradition, I see that they are making great progress on connecting SW Fairgreen st with Tradition by constructing a bridge. Now I still don't understand that move because just a few blocks away they could have put an entrance to the Crosstown epressway without having to build a bridge. Either way that additon will save about 3 miles on the commute and will also take people away from the speed trap on Savage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 07:37 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,208,491 times
I live in Tradition and was told as recently as a week ago by one of my clients that works on the site that it will not be open for about a month. Guess you just proved it. They had the roads all done and it even goes all the way in to Tradition and has for quite some time now - I droved all the way to the bridge over a month ago, but the bridge itself it not finished.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 AM

79 posts, read 256,214 times
April Fools!!

-Florida D O T

Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 AM

18,126 posts, read 11,762,592 times
Funny!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 AM

578 posts, read 1,777,968 times
Till you get to the bottom of the hill and realize you have to turn around LOL. Hey I tell you what go to the bottom of the hill and hang a sign that says April Fools!!! that would be great.

Last edited by stevep111; 03-31-2009 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach