Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,592 times

Advertisements

My name is Tony and I have a large family, we are 6. There's my wife Heather ashley 14, eric 13, hailey12 and David 5. We are in need of a vehicle but can't afford one. We are borrowing a toyota tacoma truck that seats 3 but really 2 1/2 so we can't go anywhere as a family. And to top that off, we can't even go to church. We are having to pay $400 per month for this truck and insurance, and with limited income it is taking valuable money away from our rent, putting us behind this month. So we are doing everything we can to prosper here, and figured we have not because we ask not, so I am asking. Poeple donate vehicles to secular oganizations every day, so why can't there be a person out there that can donate a good drivable vehicle to a needy family? I know God is going to give us a vehicle, just don't know how or who it is through, but out faith says "this will happen". We can't even really fit in a mini vanwe had one and my children are so large, they could barely fit, so I would need either a full size van or a large SUV like a Suburban, gas hogs I know, but we really don't go far around town, wo it doesn't mater that much. I don't care what it looks like as long it is in good sound mechanical condition and has 3 rows and doesn't need any repairs right now, as we can't afford a pennies worth right now. If you either have or know of someone or an organization that does, please call us @ Moderator cut: No solicitation I am not GOD obviously, but I honestly believe he will bless the people that do this for us.

From the Villar family, Thanks from the botom of our hearts!
Tony, Heather Ashley, Eric, Hailey and David

Last edited by 2goldens; 02-08-2009 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: No solicitation allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 05:13 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,998 times
If you are borrowing a truck, how come it is costing $400 a month?

Old 02-07-2009, 06:27 PM

265 posts, read 904,732 times
I am bit confused as to why your family of six won't fit in a mini-van. Those vehicles typically hold 7 to 8 very comfortably - depending on the middle seat configuration. Still, a very nice vehicle for a 6 member family.

You state the family can't go to church. Most churches have a van that will pick you up. Contact your church to see about transportation. Once you get there, discuss your need for a vehicle and see if they can help.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
I am bit confused as to why your family of six won't fit in a mini-van. Those vehicles typically hold 7 to 8 very comfortably - depending on the middle seat configuration. Still, a very nice vehicle for a 6 member family.

You state the family can't go to church. Most churches have a van that will pick you up. Contact your church to see about transportation. Once you get there, discuss your need for a vehicle and see if they can help.
I'm confused as to why six people can't fit in a car.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
I'm confused as to why six people can't fit in a car.
Now that you mention it Lilybeans, that is a real good point too!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:24 PM

92 posts, read 356,596 times
You might try the link below.

Good Luck to you and your family.

Charity Car Donation Gift - Who is Eligible to Receive Vehicle Donations

Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,661 times
Something sounds fishy about this story. If he goes to Church then the Church should be able to help him. It's hard to believe that insurance and up keep on a car is $400 per month. May be if it includes gas. I guess I have lived in Miami too long. I hope the family finds a suitable car.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
Something sounds fishy about this story. If he goes to Church then the Church should be able to help him. It's hard to believe that insurance and up keep on a car is $400 per month. May be if it includes gas. I guess I have lived in Miami too long. I hope the family finds a suitable car.
Nope Steve, I have never lived in Miami and my olefactory glands are on high alert

Old 03-07-2009, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post

He has hid behind "the church" most of his adult life. He is almost $10,000 behind in his child support payments which are only $144/month for his 15 y/o daughter that he doesn't even acknowledge anymore. I hope no one helps him, he doesn't deserve it! Deadbeat!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM

27 posts, read 78,751 times
Crazy .......... I am in "need" of many things too....lol.... however, they are all luxuries and not neccesities. If you were in need of food or shelter from the cold I might think of helping you out.

Why dont you make several trips back and fourth in toyota truck to get everyone to Church. Perhaps cancel the internet service or sell the computer you used to post this message. Just a few suggestions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach