Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I have heard (not to offend anyone so please don't read into the meaning) that it is becoming a Gay friendly community.
Oh crap!! Now there'll be nothing but well-decorated homes with beautifully maintained yards & gentrified areas!!!

There goes the neighborhood!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:50 PM

176 posts, read 510,612 times
Thats awesome Jungle George I would rather live in a neighborhood thats prodominitly gay then any other neighborhood. In my experience theres alot less crime and the neighborhood is always cleaner plus I've noticed there more frienly and neighborly then alot of people. Im moveing to Vero in July and I have'nt been able to find anything bad about this community I cant wait to live there the people I've met there are so sweet and accomadateing. Im no expert thats for sure but I think its a good fit for my family and thats all that matters to me lol. But I do have one question does anyone know anything about the apartment complexs in Vero I cant find much info on them. Whats everyones opinion on them do you think you get more for your money renting an apartment or house?

Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy_bogue View Post
Thats awesome Jungle George I would rather live in a neighborhood thats prodominitly gay then any other neighborhood. In my experience theres alot less crime and the neighborhood is always cleaner plus I've noticed there more frienly and neighborly then alot of people. Im moveing to Vero in July and I have'nt been able to find anything bad about this community I cant wait to live there the people I've met there are so sweet and accomadateing. Im no expert thats for sure but I think its a good fit for my family and thats all that matters to me lol. But I do have one question does anyone know anything about the apartment complexs in Vero I cant find much info on them. Whats everyones opinion on them do you think you get more for your money renting an apartment or house?
Thumbs up for you mindy!! Our house is considered "the showplace" on the block, & when people ask how we do it, we say it's our QPOV.....

"Q...r Point Of View"

We've got some of the wives saying their husbands are doing this & that decorating or re-doing their yard, & they want to try & use their OWN QPOV!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 PM

176 posts, read 510,612 times
LOL thats awesome!!! Do you live in Vero Beach Jungle George?

Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy_bogue View Post
LOL thats awesome!!! Do you live in Vero Beach Jungle George?
Nope...live in Stuart with great friends & neighbors!! Here's hoping you find the same in Vero!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Gays will gravitate to where they know they'll be safe. Says a lot about Vero. Also speaks highly of the shops and restaurants.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:35 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I have heard (not to offend anyone so please don't read into the meaning) that it is becoming a Gay friendly community.
Gay friendly would be awesome. Gay friendly means investing in the community, actual "friendliness", no parents pulling their kids through Walmart by the hair, (lol)....and "arts". The bars I can do without ...not including the brunch and tea dance bars that play show tunes that are also awesone

I come from Philly, and we used to be the third largest gay city so it's something I appreciate. I also lived in New Hope PA, a "gay haven" and it was fun and friendly.

You don't see gays wanting new license plates proclaiming "we were here first" type of sentiments like "elsewhere" in FL.

Frankly, though, I haven't seen or met a single gay person or couple and it's something I look for. Cultural stuff. I saw ONE gay couple in THE VILLAGES at a Sarah Palin rally though.

Once or twice I might have seen a senior gay couple walking on the boardwalk but it's not exactly something you can ask ha ha.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:43 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post

"Q...r Point Of View"

We've got some of the wives saying their husbands are doing this & that decorating or re-doing their yard, & they want to try & use their OWN QPOV!!!
Now THAT'S a license plate I could vote for.

LOL about the husbands.

I was complaining about people not being friendly in FLL and happened to be in Baers on Fed. Actually I think it was the Stuart store or maybe it was FLL....Two guys came up to me and asked me about my license plate being PA. They were a gay couple in the decorating business from MY HOME TOWN - New Hope PA of all things. (not surprisingly, they gave me their business card and welcomed me to call for anything and they already knew I didn't need decorating, they were just being "neighborly"). My ONE AND ONLY outgoing experience in the past year not including my realtor who invited me to her home to meet our neighbors.

You definitely have to go outward to make the first move proactively to meet people here, in this part of FL and to the south. Don't know about other places, though, IME.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Now THAT'S a license plate I could vote for.

LOL about the husbands.

I was complaining about people not being friendly in FLL and happened to be in Baers on Fed. Actually I think it was the Stuart store or maybe it was FLL....Two guys came up to me and asked me about my license plate being PA. They were a gay couple in the decorating business from MY HOME TOWN - New Hope PA of all things. (not surprisingly, they gave me their business card and welcomed me to call for anything and they already knew I didn't need decorating, they were just being "neighborly"). My ONE AND ONLY outgoing experience in the past year not including my realtor who invited me to her home to meet our neighbors.

You definitely have to go outward to make the first move proactively to meet people here, in this part of FL and to the south. Don't know about other places, though, IME.
I've noticed that a lotta people in this area are "phony". They're more interested in "impressing" you as opposed to wanting to get to know you...

It's like a "I gotta bigger house", or "I gotta newer car", or "I'm more important than you" type of mindset. But from what I hear, that attitude is everywhere, not just South Florida or the Treasure Coast!!

If y'all saw that lady Susan Boyle on Britian's Got Talent, she's an average person lookswise & lifestylewise. All these people were laughing at her, looking down on her & calling her a "frump" & "dowdy" & "plebian" (at least 'til she opened her mouth & sang...)....well, when I was growing up, that's what just about EVERYBODY looked like, from my parents & relatives to the women on the block to the woman on the street!!! Average, everyday REAL people!!! I don't see many of those type around here any more.....

In case you missed that lady, here's the link....

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009 (With Lyrics)

Old 04-27-2009, 07:38 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
As I promised 2Goldens, here's a reminder to folks that the Mount's Botanical Garden Plant Show in West Palm Beach is this Sat/Sun from 9-5...

Last show of the season, & a great place to find the unusual & exotic!!

Mounts Botanical Garden What's Happening Page, Tropical plant resource (http://www.mounts.org/calendar.asp - broken link)

I missed another great event. I would love to shop for bonsai plants or a small desert rose plant. I also like the Chick and Hen plant - no fault, you can't go wrong plant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach