Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:34 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times

Advertisements

I know some older people turn the heat on way up high and then open the window. I don't think they realize what they are doing. We used to go visit a relative and it was unbearable with all the heat going. When you went into her bedroom the window was open and it was cold. What you should do is get someone who can speak for your Father (who is in the area and knows who is who and what is what) to get in touch with FPL and speak for your dad. Also you should have the person check the home to make sure he isn't forgetting to close something or leaving T.V.s on all over the house or something. Remember the 98 year old guy who froze to death because he didn't pay his bill? He had hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank but was too forgetful and lazy to make sure his bill was paid. Someone needs to look into it for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:21 PM

4 posts, read 11,530 times
I encountered the same situation this month. I opened my FPL bill and it was $775!! The Kilowats used was more than tripled from the previous month as well...I almost passed out. I immediately called FPL..tried SEVERAL Times to get to a live rep. When I finally got to him, he gave me a song and dance that last month we experienced the coldest weather in over 2 years. I told him that was crazy. My thermast was set to 70 for heat and 75 for cold. He did an over the phone electric survey and stated that based on the survery I should be average around $300 a month and I said really so why am I being charged over $700... the rep then scheduled me for an onsite survery which an FPL worker comes out to the house and does a physcial inspection. CRAZY.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
I am surprised the cops didn't show up and ask you where your dope lab was. Nothing funny about that bill. I have a friend who noticed somoething similar and after he asked all his neighbors if their bills were suddenly high he figured there must be equipment issues in the neighborhood. Being an electrician he was able to talk to FPL and get somewhere with them. Sure enough they checked the transformer and replaced a faulty part that was causing everyone's problems. I am not an electrician so I can't tell you what to check but if everyone in your immeidate area's bill went up you might want to get your own electrician to investigate if FPL does not figure it out.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
https://app.fpl.com/fplcom_app/servlet/remailer

FPL will do a meter check.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 PM

4 posts, read 11,530 times
FPL will be out next week. I hope the issue can be resolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach