Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
It's funny all she did is rant and rave about Zero Beach but alas found out there is no work there herself. I take that back....if you have a rich father who owns a construction company or something like that. Otherwise just a retirement community without so much as a movie theater. No thanks. Yikes. Even Fort Pierce and the Pizzle have that beat.
Vero Beach actually does have a theater. A rather nice one at that at the Indian River Mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 AM

569 posts, read 1,669,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Vero Beach actually does have a theater. A rather nice one at that at the Indian River Mall.
You are right! The Pizzle still has it beat though with drywall and all.

Scissors only lasted about a year. So much for paradise.

To the Pizzle we will go...........

Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
You are right! The Pizzle still has it beat though with drywall and all.

Scissors only lasted about a year. So much for paradise.

To the Pizzle we will go...........
You're too focused on other people like me.

I OWN my condo in Vero Beach. It's on the Intracoastal Waterway btw.

I moved here when I took EARLY RETIREMENT from my company in PA with a fat package. I had this job in the works since Nov 07 when I left my company up North. At the time my kid was in WPB and having lived in FLL I thought I'd take the FLL office. I started looking for rentals there and worked my way up to VERO since I thought it was a GREAT TOWN.

My company also is in FL and has offices all over and it was always my plan to rehire here since I'm too young to sit around and not work. I put in over 30 years there and was just waiting for that package. 25 people in my office took it and half of them relocated to NC and rehired there.

I posted to you before they are disorganized here and I got tired of waiting so I bought a condo here. Then they out of the blue offered me the job in either Miami, FLL Pensacola or Jax. I CHOSE JAX. My son just moved back home to Phila but has business on the east coast here.

I don't HAVE to move anywhere but I'm not stupid enough to turn down making about a quarter of a million dollars over the next few years if given the opportunity.

I'll get SIX WEEKS PAID VACATION, by the way since they are bridging my time from up north due to my seniority. And more benefits (that I dont need since I have 100% medical and dental etc) including an 80% 401k match.

I'm not selling my Vero Beach ICW condo I can come here every weekend if I want. If I like Jax and the people on the job I can always do that OR not.

I can move anywhere I want and this place was not my "final" place I plan on being direct water and we have a 50 acre nature park in my HOA that's gorgeous but blocks the water view.

I'm blessed to have such "problems" LOL. I got a lump sum package and a monthly check too and could survive very happily just working in a bakery or something BUT IT'S NOT MY PERSONALITY to sit around if there's opportunity. My company has been hiring continually since I moved here, btw they start classes every month. FL. GA and NC and other states as a matter of fact.

I've been coming to FL since my father moved us here in 1962 as I said, so there's not much I don't know about it. Vero Beach is a perfect town for those not looking for your typical highrises and commercial vibe with alot of diversity in economics for anyone. We have an ordinance AGAINST highrises after one was built too high sneaking in before the ordinance was passed. THATS WHY WE DONT HAVE THE UGLY CONCRETE JUNGLE HERE.

You can be happy here with a modular home or small condo for 30000 up to exclusive estates for 40 million. The amount of wealth here is staggering and if people don't see it it's because they simply aren't looking. Or they are clueless and don't even know what they are looking at.

Psouth I'll keep you posted on my escapades since you're interested. If I don't like the job in JAX you can be sure I'll find yet another adventure. I left my company in the 90's too and owned a pet store for awhile till I got sick of that and went back to the office. I was thinking of starting a dog wash business here in FL where you drive through and wash your dogs it's like a carwash and they are showing up around lately. I was a Product Manager in my former life so there's never a shortage of IDEAS for motivated people. The economy not withstanding, I won't have any problems finding something to do in Florida. Who knows maybe I'll even swing out into ANOTHER state after time. Life's too short to focus on finding a Hard Rock Cafe and malls with marble in the neighborhood to be define "happyness" imo. (oh wait....the dumpy NEW Vero Beach Mall with the 24 movie screens has marble....but it's only one story...and doesn't take up 100 acres of space like PBG).

Last edited by runswithscissors; 05-07-2009 at 02:53 AM..

Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And another one on Rt 1 downtown with 11 screens and that tiny historical one in town.

I posted that to psouth but it musta gone unnoticed.

Along with the stats on the HUGE number of real estate listings on realtor dot com over 500,000 and over 1,000,000. Totally comparable to Palm Beach listings. (in context of the accusation that Vero Beach is nothing more than an empty retirement village with nothing here...LOL, yeah for all the low life commuters I see flying into the Vero Beach airport on their private planes all day long starting in about October when I rented for a year in Woodfield. Another dump that people paid 385,000 for when they got STUCK moving to Vero )

Old 05-07-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
It's funny all she did is rant and rave about Zero Beach but alas found out there is no work there herself. I take that back....if you have a rich father who owns a construction company or something like that. Otherwise just a retirement community without so much as a movie theater. No thanks. Yikes. Even Fort Pierce and the Pizzle have that beat.
^^ see my reply above.....What's the Pizzle? A form of Snoop Dog talk? Perhaps that's the problem in Jax. Too many people focused on Snoop and not enough focused on the theater there.

No offense to Snoop, even my own kid's in the music business, but he's making MONEY off a genre. He doesn't confuse capitalism with pop culture stupidity of his market...all under 30 and mostly under 23 or so.....

Old 05-07-2009, 06:21 AM

448 posts, read 1,470,857 times
runwithscissors;

you shouldn't have to justify what you are doing in your "personal" life. Sorry you had to do that.
I usally get my sifter out and sift through all the negatives. The lumps stay in the sifter and then all you have is the fine flour to work with.

There is no utopia and we understand that. But all the info you have provided helped us on locations. I really want to find Peterson's groves. We went to Hale's one day. Great oranges. They were so juicy.
When is the orange season in full gear?

Good luck to you in JAXX. We have a friend that lives in that area. They love it.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
^^ see my reply above.....What's the Pizzle? A form of Snoop Dog talk? Perhaps that's the problem in Jax. Too many people focused on Snoop and not enough focused on the theater there.

No offense to Snoop, even my own kid's in the music business, but he's making MONEY off a genre. He doesn't confuse capitalism with pop culture stupidity of his market...all under 30 and mostly under 23 or so.....
LOL The Pizzle is the nickname for Port St. Lucie. I guess they don't like the old nickname Port St. Lousy for unknown reasons so they are trying to call it the Pizzle now. PSL = Pizzle. Get it?

As far as Snoop Dogg goes (that's 2 g's at the end) you are confusin' the pizzle with "fo shizzle." Another poster had this down to a science in one of the PSL threads a week or so ago.

It's all good, dawg. Aiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:30 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,508 times
I got a hizzle in the pizzle but the market did a fizzle. Fo shizzle!!!!

-izzle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I got a hizzle in the pizzle but the market did a fizzle. Fo shizzle!!!!

-izzle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why are you giving me a link about Snoop dog speak when I already indicated I was well aware of it? My kid's in the music business and even they don't .....well, never mind.

The question is the derivation of Pizzle for Jacksonville?

And why the poster choses to speak like that while complaining there is no class or upscale shopping or upscale trendy restaurants like the Hardrock Cafe .......in Jacksonville. And while asserting that Jax is a "step up" from Vero Beach... a dumpy haven for just retirees ....lol.....while we are selling more homes over 500,000 than Palm Beach.

Funny, nobody here even speaks that outdated tired old Snoop speak even in Gifford, a Vero zip code municipality that everyone asserts is a underprivleged ghetto.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Why are you giving me a link about Snoop dog speak when I already indicated I was well aware of it? My kid's in the music business and even they don't .....well, never mind.

The question is the derivation of Pizzle for Jacksonville?

And why the poster choses to speak like that while complaining there is no class or upscale shopping or upscale trendy restaurants like the Hardrock Cafe .......in Jacksonville. And while asserting that Jax is a "step up" from Vero Beach... a dumpy haven for just retirees ....lol.....while we are selling more homes over 500,000 than Palm Beach.

Funny, nobody here even speaks that outdated tired old Snoop speak even in Gifford, a Vero zip code municipality that everyone asserts is a underprivleged ghetto.
Be careful. Snoop can buy the entire town of Vero Beach with his petty cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach