Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 PM

77 posts, read 209,046 times

Advertisements

i work off of hallandale beach blvd and 95 i live currently in north miami about 15min to 20 min away and im moving to psl why you ask u lunatic well the home i rent is currently under foreclosure and aug 28 is the judgemnt hearing and psl is nice and being there several times the past few months i have grown to like it more i have a big famly wife will be able to relocate being she is in retail, my self? will be driving to wpb catching the tri rail to hollywood and commuting that way until i find something in wpb. im unable to afford anything near my job and i cant stand living in miami!!!anymore so this is the sacrifice i choose to make for me and specially for my family so WISH ME LUCK GUYS! I HOPE PSL IS WELL WORTH IT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 04:17 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
I think you're crazy for making that commute, lol.

But, best of luck to you!

Old 05-16-2009, 04:31 PM

thank you! trimt7 it will be a little extreme but some things come with sacrifices

Old 05-16-2009, 04:34 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemiami1170 View Post
i work off of hallandale beach blvd and 95 i live currently in north miami about 15min to 20 min away and im moving to psl why you ask u lunatic well the home i rent is currently under foreclosure and aug 28 is the judgemnt hearing and psl is nice and being there several times the past few months i have grown to like it more i have a big famly wife will be able to relocate being she is in retail, my self? will be driving to wpb catching the tri rail to hollywood and commuting that way until i find something in wpb. im unable to afford anything near my job and i cant stand living in miami!!!anymore so this is the sacrifice i choose to make for me and specially for my family so WISH ME LUCK GUYS! I HOPE PSL IS WELL WORTH IT
Plenty of people commute far. If you have a big family it'll be worth it, imo.

I used to drive 60 miles one way for quite a few years. Sometimes we car pooled but it wasn't convenient for most people.

Once I stayed in Pittsburgh 3 or 4 nights per week for work, too. Same job but I needed to be there.

Other people travel somewhere different every week or several times per week.

The only thing for you is the extra expense, otherwise welcome to the wacky world of commuting NORTHERN style. All the "laid back" people in Florida think it's so unusual. Everyone in Pa and NJ commutes frequently far as in commuting from Phila to NY or DC. Daily or Weekly. My entire previous neighborhood outside of Phila was filled with NY commuters who got home routinely around 7 to 9 at night. They moved to that area for the quality of life and the parent made the sacrifice with the commute. Same with Princeton NJ everyone commutes to NY or to Princeton from Phila. NJ is a corporate haven and not everyone wants to live right there so they commute.

You go where the job is, and live where the quality of life suits you. As long as your wife is with the kids everyone should be happy. I dont know how long the drive is to the train, but I loved taking the train when I could in the "old days". Read, sleep, relax. Good Luck.

speaking of car pooling....maybe there's something like that here in Fl? It's very common in philly I took a van pool of unrelated strangers into downtown every day. It was organized by the Regional Planning Commission. ONe person is in charge of the deal usually the driver and all people cooperate so nobody is running late etc. See if there's something like that or MAYBE look into starting one. Not privately. The insurance liability would scare me.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:41 PM

thanks for the boost of confidence runswith! the train ride is an hour not badd less wear and tear on car! maybe i can right it off on my taxes?

Old 05-16-2009, 05:55 PM

176 posts, read 510,659 times
Good luck I hope it works for you everyone commutes in some way some do it farther then that just to live where they love. I hope you find the perfect place for you and your family!!

Old 05-16-2009, 06:17 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
just for the heck of it, does your wife already have a retail job here?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:19 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I think you're crazy for making that commute, lol.

But, best of luck to you!
Yikes. Sounds like a two hour commute each way, in the best of times. And who knows how long Tri-rail will be around.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:07 PM

she will be transfering! and the commute time is about 1.5 to 2hrs

Old 05-16-2009, 08:08 PM

lilybeans do you have an opening for a retail job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach