U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 AM

13 posts, read 29,574 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! My husband and I are in our mid/late 50's and live just north of Orlando in Sanford and have no family locally. Hubby got the surprise of a lifetime by getting laid off after 21 years with a major express company. Since jobs have dried up here we are considering an early retirement. We've dreamed of moving to the Florida east coast. We already have the 23 foot Grady and love to saltwater fish. We also have 2 large, frisky dogs. We are quiet and love gardening. (we sound really dull, LOL) We are NOT retiring rich!

My 3 big questions are:

1) where could we begin searching for a nice house with a nice yard in a quiet, established neighborhood preferably without HOAs? (we're not trashy we just resent being told what we can/cannot do with our own property) Need to keep the price in the low 100's.
2) anyone know something about boat storage fees if we can't keep it parked at our house?
3) we've heard that navigating through the Sebastian Inlet is very dangerous due to its being so narrow. True or false?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN PROVIDE! Maybe we can still make our dream come true and maybe not.

sign me,
"trying to get outta this Mickey Mouse Town"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 10:50 PM

176 posts, read 468,224 times
Try realtor.com its a great site I even found rentals on there and if your looking for Vero Beach theres alot on there. Im not to positive about anywhere but Vero Beach im moving there soon so I've been doing a ton of research on that town. My advice on the boat storage is call storage facilities alot of them have boat/RV storage and theres always great deals going on. Good luck I hope you find exactly what your looking for.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 PM

32 posts, read 213,931 times
With prices in the toilet, you can find homes for that price range even in Vero which seems a tad more recession resistant than most of the rest of FL.

We're moving there in few months and will keep a boat at a storage place on a trailer-there's a few to chose from. I asked about a year ago and found some at 55-60./month for a 21'. I didn't check them out so don't know if they're a hound dog lot or not.

My biggest complaint is Vero is 10 miles from any inlet-Ft Pirce inlet is nice and navigable and even anchorable-did it about 20 years ago. Nice teal waters too (Gotta keep the teal under my keel).

It's a nice easy living town with almost all the amenities you'd want-not flashy noisy life but good for the soul. Can't wait to show NY my tail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach