Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 09:27 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,456,360 times

Advertisements

Here is an interactive homocide map for St. Lucie and Martin Counties.

I am always cognizant and wary of what I call "innocent victim" murders. Murders of innocent people by strangers. TCPalm has an interactive map, where you can see the circumstances of homocides reported and recorded in 2008 on the Treasure Coast:

Homicides in the Treasure Coast for 2008 (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/databases/tcoast_murders_2008.html - broken link)

PSL, for example, has two tragic "family homocides" involving children (one a shaking death, the other a deliberate murder), one drug deal gone bad, and one "self defense" road rage incident.

Very interesting, but I think people should still feel safe seeing the circumstances of these homocides, rather than just "numbers" and statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 01:31 PM

265 posts, read 906,620 times
That is really neat. Thanks for posting, Tim

Old 05-17-2009, 07:27 PM

32 posts, read 226,281 times
They say that about 80% of murders are done by people known to the victim.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,981,148 times
Interesting. Thanks for posting. I have until 5/31 to pack up and move. I might head over to the Treasure Coast. Don't want to go off topic, but the biggest problem I'm running into now is selling my stuff (even giving it away is time consuming!) I just hope this time I finally leave. I found a couple of short-term rentals on Craig's List in PSL and Jensen Beach, but I can't just drive over to look at them since they're pretty far from here.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:13 PM

51 posts, read 129,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
the biggest problem I'm running into now is selling my stuff (even giving it away is time consuming!)
Just dump it all at the end of the driveway and post a "Curb Alert" ad in the Free section on your local Craigslist page....people will come out of the woodwork and take everything!!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 AM

578 posts, read 1,780,509 times
Yeah since PSL has the "Titanic" law (take anything on the curb) that is what a lot of people do. They put what they don't want out (hopefully only on pick up day) and put adds on Craigs List. To some it may be junk picking or taking advantage of people in a bad situation but actually it is recycling and for some people it can make a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach