Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,794 times

Advertisements

Carrols meat and seafood is excellent. He always remembers us and great butcher. In Vero, over by 5 guys.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 5,155 times
You are right on with this one. Ferrara's Italian Bakery and Deli in Vero Beach is a total joke if you are a true Italian. I would also stay away from their cold cuts. My wife once bought a half pound of balogna and when she got home with it the smell was atricoias. I don't think their turnaround time is good enouh to keep the cold cuts fresh. You're better off staying away altogether.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 AM

448 posts, read 1,470,556 times
You are very accurate about Ferrara's. I thought their cookies were nasty. Didn't even attempt the lunch meat.

Good news about Carroll's meats. The owner will be the new store manager at Hale's Groves market that will be opening in Vero Beach. He will also be the butcher. Plus he will have his homemade sausage their too. We can't wait.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,155 times
Glad to hear Hale is coming to Vero. Looking forward to it. I just wish Farraras Italin Bakey in Vero would leave Vero. It is very disheartening to see people getting reamed all the time. I guess its folks who haven't a clue as to what Italian pastry is supposed to be like. Maybe one day a real one wll open in the area because Farraras is a joke!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 4,197 times
Default Farrara's Bakery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Maura View Post
You are right on with this one. Ferrara's Italian Bakery and Deli in Vero Beach is a total joke if you are a true Italian. I would also stay away from their cold cuts. My wife once bought a half pound of balogna and when she got home with it the smell was atricoias. I don't think their turnaround time is good enouh to keep the cold cuts fresh. You're better off staying away altogether.

Well , Jack, I am a true blooded italian. And I must say it's not Farrara's in NYC , but their pastries and cakes are no doubt very good.I 've be going there since its been open. The owner Freddie and his wife put out a very "italian" assortment of breads and pastries, and all are delicious. Because you recieved a 1/2 lb. of Bologne that was bad,It is really out of line to say that THE BAKERY is so bad ,that ALL is BAD, and that REAL Italians should stay far away from it.Jack, remember it's a bakery! They may have taken on a small line of cold cuts to please their customers. By the way Jack , it seems as though you can't even SPELL BOLOGNE correct,much less know about their entire business. Enough to condem the whole place!Farrara, probably added bologne to the cold cut list as a courtesy .I believe Italian Cold Cuts was their aim . Hard to get Mortadella, Prosciutto, Hard Salami etc, not the Publix americanized brands.The REAL STUFF ! With that in mind, I would venture to say that Bologna wasn't a fast mover.I do however agree, there is NO excuse for anyone to sell anything bad or tainted, but mistakes do happen.By the way, You never mentioned, how they handled their Customer service complaint did you? That would make the whole difference to me! Not the BOLOGNE your trying to feed everyone!!!

Old 12-03-2011, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Maura View Post
Glad to hear Hale is coming to Vero. Looking forward to it. I just wish Farraras Italin Bakey in Vero would leave Vero. It is very disheartening to see people getting reamed all the time. I guess its folks who haven't a clue as to what Italian pastry is supposed to be like. Maybe one day a real one wll open in the area because Farraras is a joke!
Well , I am a true blooded italian. And I must say it's not Farrara's in NYC , but their pastries and cakes are with out a doubt very good.I 've be going there since its been open. The owner Freddie and his wife put out a very "italian" assortment of breads and pastries, and all are delicious. Because you recieved a 1/2 lb. of Bologne that was bad, you are really out of line to say that THE BAKERY is so bad ,that ALL is BAD, and that REAL Italians should stay far away from it. Remember it's a bakery! They may have taken on a small line of cold cuts to accommadate their customers. By the way Jack , it seems as though you can't even SPELL Italian,or BOLOGNE correct,much less know about their entire business, certainly not enough to condem the whole place!Farrara, probably added bologne to the cold cut list as a courtesy .I believe Italian Cold Cuts was their aim . Hard to get Mortadella, Prosciutto, Hard Salami etc, not the Publix americanized brands.The REAL STUFF ! With that in mind, I would venture to say that Bologna wasn't a fast mover.I do however agree, there is NO excuse for anyone to sell anything bad or tainted, but mistakes do happen.By the way, I see that you added to this complaint $ 94.00 in pastries and cake . In your City-Data complaint You never mentioned, how your wife tried to return ,or recieve some type of reimbursement. That would make the whole difference to me! Not the BOLOGNE your trying to feed everyone!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 PM

448 posts, read 1,470,556 times
Well, Islandbay3 I have never heard anyone get so upset over lunchmeat!
I agree with Jack, I admit that their bakery is not the best. I'm Italian also. And I have eaten the best. And it doesn't have to come out of NY to be good We are all allowed to have our opinions. Quite frankly there isn't a true bakery in Vero. Hales comes very close when it comes to the breads and cakes. For they are from sratch and made by a chef/baker. But we are glad you have such a stance on your choice. That what makes the business's of Vero thrive.
Hmm. Think I'll have a Salami, hold the Bologna, sandwich. And a true Italian would know that Bologna came from Bologna Italy. It became an American type sausage. And if your from PGH its called Jumbo.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 AM

135 posts, read 207,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden0721 View Post
I have been working on opening a pastry shop. I am just looking for locations and reading anyones post it seems that there is no bakeries around. Does anyone have any areas that might be a good location. I also have been thinking about the Jupiter area also.
If your going to open a genuine "old fashioned" bakery with fresh real ingredients, choose Vero PLEASE. If not, we have enough Public's markets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach