Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 55,851 times

Advertisements

So this is my first post after spending a lot of time trolling these boards. I’m newly married and soon to be new father, who might/probably will be transferred (January 2010) to the St. Lucie Area. Instead of starting with housing or child care, I’m going to ask a question I can’t find an answer to on the board here. What are the options for young adult sports (18-45) in the area/region? When I lived in D.C. and Atlanta there were more adult sports leagues for every sport you could think of… including dodge ball! My wife and I are both very active and played on indoor soccer teams back in Atlanta. Are there any adult oriented sports leagues in the area that offer a variety of sports/options or is it just a local Y with softball?

Second, what is the local diving like in the area? I’ve done quite a lot of drift diving off Singer Island and WPB area but have not been any farther north for Diving.

I’m just starting to research the area so I’ll have more questions in the future, thanks in advance for any and all of your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:09 PM

2 posts, read 55,851 times
So for anyone who wants to know, this is what I've found so far, if you have more to add or correct please post it!

Thanks!

St. Lucie County Parks and Rec
http://www.co.st-lucie.fl.us/parks/adult_programs.htm
- Softball (18+)
o Men’s
o Church League
o Co-Ed
- Flag Football (18+)
- Soccer (18+)
- Baseball (18+)
- Tennis (18+)

Port St. Lucie (City) Parks and Rec.
http://www.cityofpsl.com/parks_recreation/pdf/psl-leisure-time-summer09-adult-sports.pdf
- Softball (16+)
o Men’s
o Women’s
o Co-Ed
- Basketball (30-49)
o Men
- Volleyball (19+)

Martin County Parks and Rec.
http://www.martin.fl.us/web_docs/prd/web/docs/xx_sports_spring08.pdf
- Softball (18+)
o Men’s
o Church League
o Co-Ed
- Hockey League (30+)
- Tennis (18+)

Stuart (City)
- Ponce Deleon Soccer Adult League
http://www.fssa.org/leagues.html

Indian River County Parks and Rec.
http://www.ircrec.com/Newsletter/Rec_Newsletter.pdf
- Softball (18+)
o Men’s
o Co-Ed
- Volleyball (16+)

Palm Beach County Parks and Rec.
http://www.pbcgov.com/parks/sports/sportsdirectory/adultsports.htm
- Soccer
- Rugby
- Softball
o Men’s
o Co-Ed
- Baseball
- Cricket
- Ultimate Frisbee

Old 06-27-2009, 05:42 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,751,857 times
City of PSL

Grand Opening just recently. Check out the monthly events.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:03 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Diving all along the Treasure Coast and Palm Beach County is supposedly spectacular. I'm not a diver myself, but know several who have expressed that opinion, unsolicited.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 PM

55 posts, read 468,989 times
I too moved from the DC area and was distraught to find zero adult women's soccer leagues, even co-ed leagues, here. But they do exist. Here is one for adult women, they rotate seasons in Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, and Royal Palm Beach. DivaSoccer

Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 27,170 times
I live in Palm Beach Gardens which is in Northern Palm Beach County. We're about 45 minutes from PSL. Palm Beach Gardens has a huge Adult Sports program with many co ed sports including Softball , Soccer, Dodgeball, Volleyball, and Flag Football. My husband and I play flag football here and love it! The site is www.pbgfl.com Also check out www.kickball.com Waka (World Adult Kickball Association) is always a blast and is a great way to meet other young adults.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:43 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,751,857 times

Old 10-17-2009, 09:45 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,607 times
Once you get north of Jupiter, the diving changes. There are still tropicals, but the water is colder and you will get more of the colder water fish and ocean pelagics. Lots of Jewfish, sharks, and other big animals. I've seen schools of mantas, plenty of eagle rays, and been diving with a school of bull sharks feeding just over head.

Stuart-Ft Pierce has a lot of wrecks and artificial reefs. Big ships, some sunk intentionally in shallow water and deeper water. Ther eis a tug sitting upright in only 60 feet or so, the Rankin is a spectacular dive and the bottom is around 120. There are several wrecks from WWII that were the victims of a German U-Boat.

Great spearfishing, if that is your thing.

It's amazing how different the diving is from Palm Beach, just down the road. And, Jupiter is different than Palm Beach or Stuart. All great, but different.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 AM

44 posts, read 92,852 times
Just wanted to let everyone know there is an adult co-ed kickball league in Jensen Beach.Starting Jan 19,2012 You can check out Treasure Coast Kickball for all the league info.

And yes i saw that the original post was from 2009

Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM

44 posts, read 92,852 times
Treasure Coast kickball Registration is open know. don't wait to sign up spots are limited. You can sign up as an individual, group or a team. Please join our email list to be kept up to date with registration and the league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach