Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,884,485 times

Advertisements

BTW why "FAST"?....there are no rental surprises unless you are capricious and don't check who you're renting from and it's a deadbeat or a scam artist. The only thing "unexpected" is you have to make sure your renters policy is good on your contents in case of a hurricane disaster. Most homes in an HOA include basic cable which is a nice perk. You also don't wanna move here broke without a backup plan in case your home is demolished in a hurricane. That happened in 2004 here, and as you know, all around Florida in various storms.

You also wanna check out your local sex offenders on the FL website. Surrounding your potential rental addresses. Dont freak out there are tons. But there are laws about where they can live relative to kid's hangouts. If you are looking for outside sports for children it's challenging due to the heat but plenty of kids play baseball spring and fall I hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 08:39 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,194,261 times
Ok.. PSL Realtor here. Just happened by answering other posts that happen to pop up. I'm not here looking every day - you can check me out on multiple posts if you like or go directly to my page here by clicking on my name.

Runwithsissors likes Vero Beach. Doesn't live in PSL I do. I worked in Vero and find it more retired than family. Nothing to do. My opinion.

If you are thinking of moving to PSL we are definitely a family type area. Yes, there are foreclosures since we are the area that had room to grown and build when other areas did not- and they built. Many speculated and many bought homes they couldn't afford and lost them. We are FAR from being a ghost town by any means and actually sales of homes are UP and moving.

PSL is NOT a beach or tourist town like you say you are used to living in. It's a large area and stretches very far from East to West. We do have a lot of water as in the huge river that separates us from the ocean and the outer area of Hutchinson Island long bridges to get there- where the beach is. But, I still have that same river out out my back door here in the western area of PSL where the newer homes were built.

If you are going to need to have a job here then I would suggest you look in to that first. We are not a "business" community either. The closest is West Palm Beach and many people commute to Palm Beach Gardens, or West Palm Beach to work. Some even further. They do that because the price to live here is much cheaper than in Palm Beach County.

As for your question on rentals - expect to pay differently depending on if you want a community or a house on a lot. Most of PSL are homes built on individual lots where you pay for the upkeep of everything yourself. If you live in a community (of which there are few) you will pay less as they include some services such as lawn maintenance and cable, or more, for you as part of your rent. Price is up to you...what do you want? How large, do you have pets, etc.

I live in Tradition, and yes I like it. Rent here includes cable, Internet, and lawn service and we have plenty of family activities all the time. I have also lived in Jensen and no I don't suggest it. Glad I moved out for various reasons such as taking 1/2 hour to reach I95 or the turnpike, sexual offenders top list of places to live, some not so wonderful areas that I would not suggest being near to especially with children. Not to say ALL of Jensen is like that, but I prefer living elsewhere and am glad I made the move. Wish I had done it sooner.

I also like the St. Lucie West area, Gatlin Rd. area, and any area west of the Turnpike as there you will find the newest in houses and all kinds of shopping. Easy access to anywhere since the Turnpike and I95 are right here.

There are places I would suggest, and places I do not suggest such as Newport Isles. I try to keep new people who have no idea of what they are moving down to in a safe environment no matter what area of PSL they choose to live in. Not all Realtors share with me in that thought.

Another avenue people use is craigslist. I post on there as well but I will warn you...many people on craigslist are in foreclosure and don't and won't tell you. BUT, if you enter in to a lease you are entering in to a CONTRACT and just because they are in foreclosure does not mean you do not have to pay them. You still have to pay your rent regardless of the foreclosure fact. SO, if you see ...no credit check! <<< really BIG RED FLAG or first and security only! Oh.. and the "short term is fine!. I use an addendum on my leases that can get you out if that happens. I've had to make it stronger than it was before since there are still people out there that will take advantage any way then can. I do check the court records too but it can still happen since it usually takes 6 months of being behind before something happens and the Sheriff or server comes knocking on your door posting a notice for the OWNER...and you just happen to be living there. By the way....you, as a tenant ARE supposed to answer those since it addresses "john doe or jane doe" living in the premises..and that's YOU. But... this is another subject that I have posted a lot on already.

Anyhow.... if I can help you find something here in Port St. Lucie I will be glad to. Just contact me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach