Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 03:28 PM

164 posts, read 523,295 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Vero beach due to my husbands job. We lived in Miami most of our lives but got tired of the crime and traffic. We will be renting a house hopefully below $1300.00 a month. Can anyone tell me what area would be nice. We don't have children but we do like family oriented neighborhoods. We enjoy going to the movies and dinner nothing big. Any input will help.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
It depends on your personality. You can be on the barrier island, my personal choice, OR west in unincorporated Vero towards the mall, OR north of the mall where it's more open and "farm-y".

I rented in Woodfield for a year right behind the mall and it's very convenient. Nice area. Suburbia. 15 minutes to the beach. However for the same money you can live on the barrier island which is really really nice. There is no Publix there or chain stores, you'd have to go over a causeway to all that but it's nothing....no traffic or inconvenience. 1300 may be a smaller sized house or duplex but I haven't checked lately. I paid 1200 for a big 2400 sf house in Woodfield with an HOA much bigger than I needed but I got sick of looking and it was in high season. It's 55 plus though even though they take under 55 it's not really fun or appropriate if you're younger imo. I'm 55 and I was not really interested in the folks there myself lol.

I'd say go near the mall, or just north of it, or on the island. Central and Unincorporated Vero is ok but basically just some older homes in neighborhoods. (that's between say, Route 1 and around 43rd or so. Go up to 58th.

Around Indian River Blvd is convenient with a couple of neighborhoods worth checking out if you want a quick drive over to the beach.

I live in Grove Isle on Rt 1 but I chose it for the community not really for the section of town which is under construction on Rt 1 and a pain.

My next move will defintely be to the beach. It's really beautiful, peaceful and plenty to do. In a quiet way.

There are a ton of choices there, you need to come down and see what vibe you prefer. If you're in Atlanta you'll think you moved to heaven with NO TRAFFIC to speak of down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach