Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 04:02 PM

8 posts, read 27,452 times

Advertisements

Hi sunpack, I am leaving for PSL in the morning to take a look see whats there. As a matter of fact I am looking for a real estate person, but I don't know how to private message. Seems like they all want you to sign an exclusive agent paper before they will show you around or answer any questions. We're not in a huge hurry as I am retired and don't want to be rushed into a home. I am a little perplexed. If I can figure out how to do the message thing I'll have you give me a name. Thanks, magysmom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 AM

5 posts, read 24,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magysmom View Post
Hi sunpack, I am leaving for PSL in the morning to take a look see whats there. As a matter of fact I am looking for a real estate person, but I don't know how to private message. Seems like they all want you to sign an exclusive agent paper before they will show you around or answer any questions. We're not in a huge hurry as I am retired and don't want to be rushed into a home. I am a little perplexed. If I can figure out how to do the message thing I'll have you give me a name. Thanks, magysmom
magysmom,

Click on "Sunpack's" name and there will be a link to send a private message.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:38 AM

17 posts, read 40,659 times
Default Port St Lucie

A very good place to invest and call home. Heard a lot of stories regarding the quality of residents in PSL which is totally untrue.

I spent a lot of time with a great real estate agent he has great investment knowledge. We ended up with a great deal on a 2 year old home.

Drop me an email if you need the name of the realtor I used

Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,317 times
Default Why living in PSL?

Hi,
I am new on this site. I lived 4 years in PSL and due to the economical crise I moved with my husband to St.Augustine. This was the best move we could make. St. Augustine is a lovely and charming town with cultural life which is important to me as european woman. Nothing to do with PSL which has NOTHING to offer. It takes you almost 1h to go to US1 Mall or to the beaches from PSL West. Here in St. Augustine it takes you 10 min to go to lovely historic Downtown and/or to the truly beautiful beaches.

Great house deals are now everywere in the country and here in St Augustine too. There are a lot of job opportunies in Jacksonville.

I would never ever go back to PSL.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:05 PM

578 posts, read 1,777,230 times
Yeah no parking in St. Augustine the Malls suck and it is hotter than here. Other than that there are a lot of great golf courses in the area. Why would you come on here and trash PSL? Is that the way European Women are? Bitter may be?

I am sure if anyone remembers you ever left they would forgive you and welcome you with open arms if you decided to come back. That is the nature of people here.

Good luck in your new home.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Default Thoughts on home prices and pool prices?

We lost the house we looked at. So sad. It's really ok though, there are many homes out there. I saw that when I was there a few weeks ago. We'll just keep looking. Does anyone think PSL homes are on the rise in price? I'm afraid that if we don't find one soon we'll miss the boat although my husband thinks it's a spurt because of the first time homebuyer money and prices will come down a little after that's done. Any thoughts? Also, if we find a home without a pool does anyone think we could add one for around 15000.00? I got a quote when I was there for 22000.00, but the real estate lady said we should be able to have one installed for 15 or 16, because times are so bad. Just wondering?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:44 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
There are a lot more buyers out there now and a lot more homes that are not short sales or foreclosures! yea! That in itself is a great thing! All the buyers are not first home buyers either, but people taking advantage of great prices and low interest rates.

As for a pool, I see everyone still ready to "make a deal" especially on "not necessary" items like a pool. The fact that you don't have a house yet will make them think you aren't serious till you have one they can actually bid a real price on.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,679 times
Anyone can go to a pool builder and get a price quote. It is very simple and if you like the price then you will know within a few thousand the complete cost of a home without a pool and you building it later.

A pool for $15,000 or even $20,000 seems to be on the low end. Most pools were $30k to prices that seem high to anyone. Our home pool was around $30k and it is $20k more now than when we built it. A home with a pool can be good or bad but that is the route I would first consider if looking for a home......

Good luck and remember the buyer holds the key to a good deal....

Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 PM

Thanks sooo much for the great advice! Will keep looking for the one. We're coming down again the middle of Sept. to continue our search. I really appreciate a site to come to ask for advice. I can't wait to pack up the moving truck and move south! I love it down there and my husband is feverishly studying the fishing reports!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach