Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 PM

14 posts, read 43,498 times

Advertisements

Hi all: Just wondering everyones opinion on the safest (crime wise) areas of PSL and area, also any areas to avoid. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 PM

18 posts, read 92,862 times
sebastian or vero beach would be good choices

Old 07-21-2009, 08:06 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I agree that Sebastian and Vero would be safe and pleasant. If you are looking to be in PSL either the PGA area (off US 1 near Martin County), Gatlin Blvd area or PSL West would all be good areas to consider.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,832 times
All you have to do is drive around PSL for one day and you will figure that one out. Torino, PSL West, Tradition, North of Gatlin and west of PSL blvd are good areas. The area around the Saints Golf course is good and there are some other good areas as well but in general PSL is a safe place as compaired to other areas of the county.

The neighborhood I live in is about 10% police so you are hardly out of the sight of one of their cars in the drive way. I also noticed at the movie theater they have a large police presence and you never see anthing going on. In fact if you can say anything about the police in PSL they are proactive to a fault. I don't think they profile people because of their race but they have a good idea about who belongs and who does not. They give out speeding tickets like candy to a bunch of kids.

My main house is in Miami and I know when I come to PSL which is every two weeks I feel as if I am in a totally different place and a different time. People are so nice it is crazy.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Why is it that every time someone asks about a specific area people always post about other areas much further away than the question posted?

The newer areas of PSL are west of the Turnpike. Lots of shopping, restaurants etc.
Otherwise most of your shopping and restaurants are along US#1 and are older filled in with some newer.

I am west of the Turnpike and feel quite safe whereas I used to live in Jensen and did not feel safe.

The Police are everywhere and I highly doubt you could travel more than 10 miles and not see one. That seems to keep crime down but we are not a high crime area to begin with. Never have been.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
PSL is basically all a "safe" area. Traditionally, however, there are lower income places that you may want to steer away from, such as Windmill Point, Parks Edge, and a bit of the "old" PSL are near Airoso and Prima Vista.

I believe PSL is still a "top 100 safest" city (#77 safest in the country as of 2008), and has lower crime than any other city on the Treasure Coast, other than Hobe Sound, which is less than 1/10th the population of PSL (Palm City in Martin County has the same crime rate as PSL)

Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 AM

You are right. A big police presence does not mean high crime. It means we are protected. PSL in general is a very safe place.

I think people in other areas are jealous of PSL LOL

Old 07-25-2009, 04:45 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
PSL is basically all a "safe" area. Traditionally, however, there are lower income places that you may want to steer away from, such as Windmill Point, Parks Edge, and a bit of the "old" PSL are near Airoso and Prima Vista.

I believe PSL is still a "top 100 safest" city (#77 safest in the country as of 2008), and has lower crime than any other city on the Treasure Coast, other than Hobe Sound, which is less than 1/10th the population of PSL (Palm City in Martin County has the same crime rate as PSL)
That's true. PSL on city data (outdated at 2005) has a crime index of 172 whereas Vero has a 300. However, Vero stats include the MSA of the surrounding unincorporated and Gifford....without including their population....so it's a bit misleading. And comparing a place of 17,000 with a place of 50,000 (on city data).

Sleepy Tequesta otth, had a 123 lol.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:48 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Why is it that every time someone asks about a specific area people always post about other areas much further away than the question posted?
That also struck me as odd. I'm in Vero and it's very far from PSL. I only mention it when someone isn't specific like "I want to rent a condo. Where can I find one in the area?" Then I figure "the area" is the Treasure Coast.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:43 PM

I think Certain people are jealous of PSL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach