Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:15 AM

8 posts, read 42,276 times

Advertisements

Currently we live on eastern Long Island, but it's getting insane to stay here. Middle of April and the winter weather has finally given up, hopefully.

Where are the best places to live?? We have been looking at Port St Lucie. We are looking for a condo/townhouse to rent. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How much do basic utilities cost? and Renters insurance? How about finding work? I am looking for customer service (phones or in an office).

Which is the best airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbing View Post
Currently we live on eastern Long Island, but it's getting insane to stay here. Middle of April and the winter weather has finally given up, hopefully.

Where are the best places to live?? We have been looking at Port St Lucie. We are looking for a condo/townhouse to rent. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How much do basic utilities cost? and Renters insurance? How about finding work? I am looking for customer service (phones or in an office).

If you're looking to be in Port St. Lucie, there have been a number of new condo and townhouse projects going up. There is a relatively new development called "East Lake Village" that is near US-1:

http://www.homesbykennedy.com/comm_eastlake.htm

You might be able to find townhomes to rent there.

Also, Tradition has townhomes and condos:

http://treasure.craigslist.org/apa/305082342.html (broken link)

The good thing about PSL, though, is that you can often get HOUSES to rent for the same or only a little bit more as well! (And if they're in developments like Tradition, the landscaping is probably taken care of).

Port St. Lucie is awash with "customer service" phone type jobs.... check out Liberty Medical (Eastern PSL), QVC (St. Lucie West), and Aegis (Eastern PSL) to start. Wages, however, won't be what you're used to in Long Island for sure!

The BEST airport is Palm Beach International, about 45 mins or so away. There are, however, regional airports in Stuart and Ft. Pierce.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:20 PM

9 posts, read 40,720 times
Hi TriMT7!

There are many jobs in PSL. I suggest you try to go online and look at the classifieds for this area. As for airports there is also a closer in Fort Pierce which is less than 18 miles away. Know If you are computer friendly and want to work from home there are many posotions available that way. I have been working customer service for 6 years now from home. I moved here from Miami and brought my job with me!Now We are selling/renting our home here in Port Saint Lucie and moving to Tennessee because my son is graduating from high school and I will be taking my job up there with me as well! That is the one great thing about working this way. You can move anywhere, anytime, and not worry about having to find a job. If you need any help with any of the info on the websites please do not hesitiate to email me
Being able to work from home has been such a big blessing to me that I love to share it with everyone else !
cq9932@bellsouth.net.
Blessings, Cat

www.liveops.com
www.workathomeagents.com
www.arise.com
www.speak-write.com
and there are many more if these do not work out
I would like to personally testify that these are legitimates ways to earn money from home. Out of these the only one that does require investment is Arise. The other ones do not require any monetray investment just your time and effort.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:28 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,062,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbing View Post

Stuart, Jupiter, Port St. Lucie, Vero Beach, Sebastian, and Melbourne; those are my choices. And again it all depends on your job. You have to remember that Treasure Coast is very nice which means not cheap or as some will say less affordable than other areas.
Here are two local newspapers, check out the classifieds. make some phone calls to get an idea on jobs.

www.tcpalm.com for Martin, Indian River, Saint Lucie counties.
www.floridatoday.com for Melbourne for Brevard county.

also, you may want to visit -online- the chamber of Commerce for those countires. It will lit local utilities company and more.
Best of luck

Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Condo Rental Communities

Does anyone know of any condo rental communities that are going up?

Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
Pineapple Cove in Jensen Beach

Pine Lakes in Port St. Lucie

The Enclave in St. Lucie West

Portofino in Jensen Beach

St. Andrews Pointe in Port St. Lucie

Belmont in St. Lucie West

Downtown Tradition in Port St. Lucie

Old 04-27-2007, 03:35 AM

Default How about the cost of utilities?

How much do basic utilities run? (ie: water, electric, etc)

Old 04-27-2007, 03:38 AM

Thumbs up Condo Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Pineapple Cove in Jensen Beach

Pine Lakes in Port St. Lucie

The Enclave in St. Lucie West

Portofino in Jensen Beach

St. Andrews Pointe in Port St. Lucie

Belmont in St. Lucie West

Downtown Tradition in Port St. Lucie

Thank you. I looked into them and so far so good... I did find a few others online. We just have to go down there now and look at them.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:39 AM

Thank you for the info... I tried to apply from NY, I figured I could start before I move, but they are not hiring in NY. I'll have to wait until we move then. Thank you again...

Old 04-27-2007, 12:51 PM

250 posts, read 1,470,808 times
Vero Beach & Sebastian are nice areas to live too - they are about 45 minutes drive north from PSL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach