Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM

113 posts, read 681,860 times

Advertisements

Next month the family and myself are hitting Disney and taking a day trip to the Stuart region. We want to be able to get a feel for what it is like in this area. Community, things to do, kid activities, etc. Kids are ages 5 & 7.

What beaches? Where can we shop the local business flavor? Local fav food ?

In other words, if you are a local on your day off, with or without kids, what would you do? Where would you go?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,748,386 times
This topic has been covered several times. Do take the time to re-read some existing threads with lots of information.

You don't say what your hobbies or interests are. Like art museums? Theater? Amusement parks?
If you specify, then we can feed you abundance information on your likes and dislikes. Do you have a dog with you - dog parks? Are you into water sports? What are kind of restaurant (food) or atmosphere would you like to visit?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:02 PM

26 posts, read 102,573 times
Bathtub Reef Beach is nice..... BathTub Reef Beach - Stuart FL

Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,194,261 times
Beaches are on Hutchinson Island which has bridges to it from Stuart and Jensen Beach as it is part of the out island area we have in this area. They are also free. The Indian River.. very large...is between the mainland and Hutchinson Island and the ocean.

You can walk around Old Stuart with multiple shops and restaurants. You can go to Crawdaddys for dinner in Jensen Beach or eat breakfast at Jans.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:24 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,204,196 times
When I had out of town guests one thing that was always a big hit was a river tour on the St. Lucie river. I wish I could remember the name of the operators we used.....but there are several. There is a mini golf on Kanner Highway but it's not really unique. Another good spot is the FLorida Oceanographic Institute on Hutchinson Island.

I second Crawdaddy's!!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:49 AM

25 posts, read 64,062 times
Depending on how old your kids are, there's a children's museum. I don't know if it's worthwhile or not.

Official Website for the Children's Museum of the Treasure Coast

Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 PM

156 posts, read 332,090 times
Jensen Beach has a small boardwalk and it seems attract alot of people. I've been there a few times. My parents live in PSL. One thing that alwasy suprised me about this area is the lack of a great mall. Jensen Beach has a mall but its a small, old mall. With the huge influx of people into this area the past 10 years I would have figured that a bigger mall would have been built. PSL West has a lot of strip mall shopping, but the entire area besides, Vero beach, has no outlet shopping either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach