Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM

4 posts, read 17,382 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We recently moved to PSL from DC ... we have a 10 mth old and am wondering if there were any children parks, play areas etc. in the neighborhood? Any information would be appreciated... we live at the PGA village...
alos, is there any hang out place here... someplace outdoor where we could just walk around and enjoy ..not shopping malls or restaurants please ... suggestions welcome!

Thanks
Mich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times
Rivergate Park, Savanna's Preserve

Old 08-09-2009, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,682 times
There isn't a lot to do here for kids. They recently built the "splash pad" for kids which is behind the Ravenswood pool.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 12,938 times
You asked specifically for outdoor places so here are a few to check out. I'm a native of PSL and know it's sometimes hard finding activities for kids and families here... you just have to be creative and know where to look.

Have you been to Tradition? They have the fountains area downtown (close to the Publix section not the Target section). It's very pretty in the evenings.

Check out the Oxbow Exo Center on St. James Drive/25th Street south of Midway Road. Yours might be too little to appreciate, but it's a chance to get out and do something with nature.

Morningside library on PSL Blvd used to have storytime. You may want to check. Once in a while they'd bring in a dog for the kids to pet. My niece loved that.

Downtown Fort Pierce has a wonderful area with fountains and palm trees along the water. There's a public library which might have storytime for kids. Go up to the 2nd Floor for an amazing view of the Indian River. There's also shops, the manatee center, pelicans, and lots of boats. They have Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings which is nice. You definitely want to go in December when they have the holiday dancing lights with music. It's like a fairyland.

Jetty Park along South Beach in Fort Pierce is also nice. It's recently been paved and renovated. You'll see beautiful sunsets over the inlet and a great place to see the moon rise. We took our kids there just last month and saw 2 manatees in the water and a man who caught a 4 foot barracuda. Just be sure to leave before dark. There's a lot of fishermen there.

A little further south on A1A is Jaycee Park. This is on the river side of Hutchinson island and has a large playground and covered pavilions for picnics. Quite popular for birthday parties. It has a small beach for the kids to play. Because it's the river, there are fewer waves.

In Jensen Beach, there's the Florida Oceanographic Society. (FOS) Kids can see/feed/pet all sorts of sea creatures including turtles, sting rays, etc. I believe there's a relatively inexpensive family membership you can buy for the whole year. Indian Riverside Park in Jensen Beach is really wonderful. Lots of fountains right along the river and I believe they have a children's museum there.

For rainy days, remember the Superplay right next door and of course Chuck E. Cheese in Jensen Beach. It can be expensive but gets you out of the house.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM

4 posts, read 17,382 times
Thanks for the responses!! Your suggestions are much appreciated!

Robrien - Thanks for taking the time to respond! I seem to end up going to the tradition area almost every other day - will make it a point to go near the Publix area next time!

Old 08-13-2009, 03:11 PM

56 posts, read 154,821 times
Thank u Robrien, and also new to the area and i didn't even now there was a Publix at tradition, maybe i didnt notice at all, i always been at the Target section, but goog to know all the info, i would like to take my 10yrs old gril to the oceanographic society i think she would love something like that.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,409 times
You have to try Ms Paula's Music & Movement Class. Mys son & I have been attending since he was 6 months old. Great way for you to meet other Moms, and the classes are fantastic for children. My son has learnt so much, lots of different toys, songs and music, etc. Her first class is free to try out, reasonable prices. She has classes at the Community Center in PSL. 772-320-0770 ext. 208
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach