Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,314 times

Advertisements

Is it safe to assume that all the Promenade homes probably have chinese drywall ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 09:03 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/port-...e-drywall.html

Do read this thread.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:29 PM
sfg

1 posts, read 6,948 times
Default Stay away from Chinese Drywall

So many of the newer developments have Chinese Drywall. The scary thing about this, is that so many homes are going undetected, which means, you can buy or rent a place that has it and not know it, until its too late. The problem is that new revealings, from people who have experienced Chinese Drywall firsthand, is that there is NOT always a smell and NOT always are all of the wires turning black. Lots of bad drywall was mixed with good drywall and sometimes it can take a few years before you can see actual signs of Chinese Drywall, unless you begin cutting into the walls. My advice is to fully investigate when purchasing a home especially built in 2006 and...Stay away from.

VIZCAYA FALLS (Most all of the homes built by Centerline were mixed with good and bad CDW, except for the new Kolter homes)
ST. JAMES
PROMENADE, TRADITION

Don't make the same mistake others have made, learn from the experience of others.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:16 PM

52 posts, read 160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfg View Post
So many of the newer developments have Chinese Drywall. The scary thing about this, is that so many homes are going undetected, which means, you can buy or rent a place that has it and not know it, until its too late. The problem is that new revealings, from people who have experienced Chinese Drywall firsthand, is that there is NOT always a smell and NOT always are all of the wires turning black. Lots of bad drywall was mixed with good drywall and sometimes it can take a few years before you can see actual signs of Chinese Drywall, unless you begin cutting into the walls. My advice is to fully investigate when purchasing a home especially built in 2006 and...Stay away from.

VIZCAYA FALLS (Most all of the homes built by Centerline were mixed with good and bad CDW, except for the new Kolter homes)
ST. JAMES
PROMENADE, TRADITION

Don't make the same mistake others have made, learn from the experience of others.
Boy I'm glad we didn't pursue any further discussions about Tradition when we were there in August. We looked at some new homes there. The sellers were almost begging us to buy. They even had new homes fully furnished at no extra charge. But we have read about the CDW in this area. Thanks but no thanks. Now buying in Vero Beach!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:43 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
You know.. the only fully furnished homes available to buy in Tradition were in SEASONS, a 55 and older community which is trying to move forward with the older models they had available. As far as price, the furnished models are priced MUCH higher than anything unfurnished. They are getting rid of inventory.. and price reductions to do that are common in any development. THAT is a fact and has NOTHING to do with TRADITION in general.

As for the CDW.. I hope you can fine a place in Vero that HAS a planned community with everything built underground, sewer service- not just what is in PSL, cat 5 wiring, street lights, planned events, a water plant that supplies the water for sprinkling, a cable company that doesn't go down when it rains... and all the other things that TRADITION DOES HAVE.

Sorry you didn't see all of what Tradition has to offer. Best of luck finding some place else that does

The extra we pay to live here far out ways the extra per year we pay to live in a very nice area. Tradition is made up of EIGHT communities.. not just the one you looked at.

Oh.. if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask me.. I live there

Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
FlaLadyB is Tradition starting to get over the CDW issue and starting to grow? (I know I have been gone due to abuse by a former member but I come back on occassion) I just found out last weekend that a house on my street that has been up for sale for almost 3.5 years (yes that long) has CDW. We almost made an offer on that house.

I thought for the longest that it was because the builder was too tight on his price to sell but this is even worse news for a buyer. The house had been lived in for 6 months until the end of Novemeber but now it sits empty again. I ran into a "Flipper" looking at a house on my street that is going up for auction and he told me about the other house. We are down to only three houses for sale on my street and it is good news. One is in foreclosure, one in preforeclosure and the other about to go that way.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:45 PM

heyyy Steve....! The Promenade, the only condos in Tradition, located right behind Publix, is under a class action law suit over the Chinese drywall with the developer. Seem some have it for sure, and others don't show signs of it. Whatever, if someone next door, or above you has it, you can have the effects. The prices reflect that.

For anyone looking to rent in the Promenade off Craigslist.. be aware that the owners have NO plans on telling you that there is Chinese drywall in their units and thats why they are so cheap!

As for a builder being cheap at the time? No, it wasn't that. We didn't have access to drywall to build at the time and had to import it. The problem with it wasn't known till later on. I don't honestly believe anyone built with it on purpose.

As far as your question about growing? The hospital is under construction as is building for Digital Domaine. Minto in Town Park is till building and Seasons it going forward with building out the remainder of the homes they had and then will start up with new ones and probably new prices.

The Lakes and Heritage Oaks are built out. Bedford Park as it stands is almost totally sold out of the very last few in there.

New company has taken over Core and our festivals are going forward. Circus this weekend and the Italian Festival next!!

We're still keepin on!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:53 PM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
Yeah we will be up for the Italian Festival. Things are slowly getting back to normal. May be they will find a way to pave the rest of Fairgreen so we can have access other than Gatlin. Crazy stupid politicians are holding everything back. I missed out on the first round of hiring at Digital Domain but when they get closer to open I am going to check in with them. By then we will be ready to move up full time.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM

52 posts, read 160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
You know.. the only fully furnished homes available to buy in Tradition were in SEASONS, a 55 and older community which is trying to move forward with the older models they had available. As far as price, the furnished models are priced MUCH higher than anything unfurnished. They are getting rid of inventory.. and price reductions to do that are common in any development. THAT is a fact and has NOTHING to do with TRADITION in general.

As for the CDW.. I hope you can fine a place in Vero that HAS a planned community with everything built underground, sewer service- not just what is in PSL, cat 5 wiring, street lights, planned events, a water plant that supplies the water for sprinkling, a cable company that doesn't go down when it rains... and all the other things that TRADITION DOES HAVE.

Sorry you didn't see all of what Tradition has to offer. Best of luck finding some place else that does

The extra we pay to live here far out ways the extra per year we pay to live in a very nice area. Tradition is made up of EIGHT communities.. not just the one you looked at.

Oh.. if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask me.. I live there
FlaLadyB,
You need to do your homework on Vero Beach! All that you said it doesn't have, does!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP99C5 View Post
FlaLadyB,
You need to do your homework on Vero Beach! All that you said it doesn't have, does!

ok... name 'em
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach