Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times

Advertisements

Port St. Lucie in lead to land digital production studio and up to 500 jobs : Treasure Coast : TCPalm

PORT ST. LUCIE — A major shareholder for the special effects team behind movies such as "Transformers," "Flags of our Fathers" and "Apollo 13" hopes to build a digital production studio here that could create up to 500 jobs and expand film and computer studies at area state colleges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:23 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. It is FANTASTIC news for the region as a whole, and PSL especially.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Waiting for that and a few others! yea!

Also mad that Lawnwood and St. Lucie hosptials are trying, once again, to stop Martin Memorial from building a hospital here as well. We don't have a hospital in this area and NEED ONE! I can't believe they are still trying to stop it when neither hospital is anywhere near this area!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,980 times
When will the process be starting

Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
8/12/09 Date of original post.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 AM

7 posts, read 26,040 times
yes we need an hospital, I need go to stuart for the close hospital.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
UPDATE.... The company named Digital Domain IS HIRING! One of my clients was just brought from California to here in Tradition. I dont have the link.. yet... to direct anyone looking for a job to go to.. BUT ..I'm working on it!! woohoooo!! GO people GOOOO!

Let me be a little more clear...the building that will hold all the people they are going to hire is not built ..yet...but it IS under way. If you have the skills that kind of company is looking for... go...if you think it's "just a job' NO...its a very specialized people they are looking for at the moment. When the building is finished and they hire the remaining people they need (and I do not know what all that will be) .. that is still in the "future" part.If you are the kind of person who has a "headhunter" they should already know about this.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 AM

Great news. I really hope Southeast Florida begins to push and develop its IT, Engineering and Bioscience industries.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 PM

122 posts, read 314,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Great news. I really hope Southeast Florida begins to push and develop its IT, Engineering and Bioscience industries.
There is very little engineering or IT work from Martin until you reach Melbourne or points further North. Spectorsoft and one or two other IT related companies are in Vero but its pretty slim pickings all around. These people are going to have a hard time finding specialized candidates willing to drive from Miami, Fort Lauderdale or WPB or points north (Melbourne, etc) going southward. Additionally, the local universities/schools don't have programs in computer graphics programming and/or game design. How many are actually working at their interim FL location currently? Twenty and thirtysomething game designers from CA in PSL?! Imagine the culture shock of living in LA and moving to sleepy Tradition! How many have transferred from CA? Moreover, the 500 potential positions are to be created by 2014. I'm sorry to say this but Florida's heyday as a tech mecca is long gone. There isn't enough in the way of good paying engineering work to attract talented candidates here.

Last edited by exmbdude; 08-09-2010 at 07:06 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmbdude View Post
There is very little engineering or IT work from Martin until you reach Melbourne or points further North. Spectorsoft and one or two other IT related companies are in Vero but its pretty slim pickings all around. These people are going to have a hard time finding specialized candidates willing to drive from Miami, Fort Lauderdale or WPB or points north (Melbourne, etc) going southward. Additionally, the local universities/schools don't have programs in computer graphics programming and/or game design. How many are actually working at their interim FL location currently? Twenty and thirtysomething game designers from CA in PSL?! Imagine the culture shock of living in LA and moving to sleepy Tradition! How many have transferred from CA? Moreover, the 500 potential positions are to be created by 2014. I'm sorry to say this but Florida's heyday as a tech mecca is long gone. There isn't enough in the way of good paying engineering work to attract talented candidates here.

#1, I said, "begin to develop MORE", and #2, I'm sure there are plenty of tech people out there who wouldn't mind the slower paced lifestyle of the Treasure Coast. Maybe intead of 20 - 30 year olds, we can have late 30s+ engineers and techs who don't need razor scooters in the workplace.

Florida doesn't have to be a "tech mecca" but any diversification is good for the region.

And if that fails, we can always import the workers from countries where the workers feel a bit less entitled or who feel that their talent or field of work is super exclusive, because it's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach