Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:41 AM

6 posts, read 14,747 times

Advertisements

Hello...me and my fiance are looking into moving down to the area for a possible job opportunity and was wanting to get a feel for apartments would be a good choice in the Port St. Lucie area including Stuart, Fort Pierce, and Jensen Beach area. Most if not all of the reviews that I have read online tend to be on the negative side with bad maintenance, and drug dealers and so forth...(and I know that more people write about bad stuff that happens than good stuff), but just wanted to get a feel from people that have either lived in the area or still live there.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Where exactly is the job opportunity. It's a long way between Vero Beach and Stuart. These days, the best idea is to move close to where you will be working.

The treasure coast has some trouble spots, but in all, it's a vey safe place (except for one really bad part in Fort Pierce).

Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 PM

The job opportunity for her will be in Port St. Lucie...I am not sure exactly what part of Port St. Lucie. We were just looking on the internet for some apartments to take a look at in the Port St. Lucie area as well as anywhere in like a 20-30 minute radius of Port St. Lucie...preferably on the beach side of things if it all possible. She will be starting the 1st of October and we will be heading down in a few weeks to start looking at apartments and so forth...so was just curious as to what apartments or what parts of town to try and stay clear off by being from out of state.

Thanks again!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 AM

Port St. Lucie is a huge city.... it can take 20 - 30 minutes to get from one side to the other. Therefore, I have to ask --- WHERE in PSL is the job?

Even so, if you want to be closer to the beach, you may want to look into apartments and townhomes in East Lake Village in eastern PSL -- it's new and about as close as you'll get to the beach in PSL (take Walton Rd. to Indian River drive, then go south to the Jensen Beach causeway). Plus, it's next to the "city center" area, which will be a neat place in the future.

In Jensen Beach there are a couple of well known complexes. Portofino, just south of the mall, and I THINK something called "Pineapple _____"..... near the high school. Both are basically off of US-1. My good friend lived in Portofino and enjoyed it a lot. He never had any problems.

What is your price range though? If it's high enough, you may be able to get a condo on the beach in Hutchinson Island.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:32 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
TRiMT7 is correct. You have to decide if you want to live near water and have a longer commute or live near work and drive to water. People with kids imo should live near work if possible rather than make the kid add 2 hours or so to their day for the commuting factor. Also if your job requires precision attendance then do the dry runs from each neighborhood to the building in rush hours and lunch hours. It's very different usually than say, early Sunday morning. I95 traffic is very heavy at the PSLs I notice when I'm driving past to Vero. Google map and mapquest times factor none of that in. I've sat at a particular intersection/light in Fort Lauderdale for 15 minutes on Rt 1 during lunch before I figured out I needed to totally avoid that intersection lol.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the info...have found out that her job will require to go back and forth between two offices in Port St. Lucie as the doctor's office has two locations...one is off of US 1 and the other is off S.W. Port St. Lucie Boulevard which would put us on the eastern part off I-95...anyone got any suggestions for that area.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM

East Lake Village in Eastern PSL... you can rent two bedroom apartments and townhomes for very good prices.... and I think it comes with free cable.

Check out Craigslist treasure coast section.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 AM

Thanks I will do that

Old 08-01-2009, 08:02 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
East Lake Village in Eastern PSL... you can rent two bedroom apartments and townhomes for very good prices.... and I think it comes with free cable.

Check out Craigslist treasure coast section.

Just some advice - watch out for craigslist- I advertise on it myself but I also know it is a hunting groung for people in foreclosure looking for easy prey, especially anyone from out of town. Ad that say "no credit check" and such should be a red flag!

Old 08-01-2009, 08:21 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
Cardinalsvoice08..sent you an email
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach