Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:03 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,561,140 times

Advertisements

Please don't tarnish the importance of Lawnwood Regional and St. Lucie Medical centers simply because some of you need another hospital in our area. Both hospitals also have walk in clinics right at St. Lucie west exit of I-95, 10 minutes from Tradition. I think they should step up their advertising. You apparently don’t even aware their existence.

If there is a large realtor company coming in our area, claiming better full service and lower fee and claiming that we are in urgent need of more reliable and affordable realtors due to current market condition. And states that you are no good when compared with them. And in reality, they are no different from you. How do you feel?

HCA is fighting for their continued existence. Martin Memorial is starting a war to invade. I think Martin Memorial will win since they are friends with Tradition developer. However, there is no need to minimize the importance of other hospitals.

Recently, on TV news, a patient’s spouse said “Lawnwood is heaven on earth and they saved my husband’s life”. You have to visit Lawnwood to understand this.

Lucky break for hurt Fort Pierce motorcyclist when trauma surgeon, nurse stop to help : St. Lucie County : TCPalm

Posted by tja3479 on September 15, 2009 at 1:29 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Lawnwood Regional and the new Trauma unit are one of the best things this county has going for it . In my opinion they have a tremendous dedicated staff at this time . Keep up the good work and thank you. Yes they sure saved my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:27 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,138,151 times
SOME of us need another hospital in the area? I think the number of people who visited the clinic in the first week speaks for itself. You even say there are 2 more clinics? well wonderful... that means we had even MORE people who needed some kind of help than the 380 Martin Memorials clinic saw in their first week!

I'm not tarnishing anybody- I never said a bad word about any hospital at any time.

I am simply stating that WE NEED A HOSPITAL IN THIS AREA and quit trying to stop it from happening.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post

I am simply stating that WE NEED A HOSPITAL IN THIS AREA and quit trying to stop it from happening.
So your logic is that since we have many clinics and hospitals around here, we need more. Do we need more empty new houses around here in Tradition? Please not to be offended. I simply present other side of view. And not to worry, I am not that powerful to stop it. And if there is a real need for a hospital here at Tradition, I will support it although I am not sure I would like a hospital that may worse the traffic to go into I-95 through Tradition Parkway. Okay, I understand where you come from. You care about Tradition and people who live here. Thank you.

Last edited by LingLing; 09-20-2009 at 03:18 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 05:21 PM

I care that the people in the surrounding area west of town have a hospital that they can get to IMMEDIATELY if need be. There isn't one. The place for the hopsital to be built here is right at I95 and easy access to EVERYBODY in this area. The other hospitals are not really close enough for real emergencies and life threatening moments. I am NOT here to argue who or what hospital you like or not. I DONT CARE WHO IT IS. I just want to know that IF I need immediate care there is some place CLOSE BY that I can GET TO in a VERY short period of time.

I am NOT about TRADITION ONLY.. that I live here has nothing to do with it. It does have to do with the people in the western area having NO IMMEDIATE facilities to go to. I don't think the majority of people, including me, want to be sent to Ft Pierce or US1 when we could have a facility HERE where so many people live.

Quoting ONE letter to the editor does not an area make!

You statement about housing - The empty houses you mentioned are being PURCHASED and thats a good thing ,.,,,,,and that means MORE PEOPLE. MORE NEED. Give it/us/me a break already.

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 09-20-2009 at 05:32 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
The other hospitals are not really close enough for real emergencies and life threatening moments. .
If you have true emergencies and life threatening moments (car accidents, heart attack...), you call 911. You will be sent to Lawnwood even there is a hospital next to you simply because trauma surgeon and cardiovascular surgeon are there and ready to do the surgery or place a stent around the clock.

If you drive to your dream hospital yourself, Martin memorial in Tradition, depend on your condition, you may be re-sent to Lawnwood, delaying your own treatment. Or worse, you will be sent to St. Mary, wasting more precious time to save yourself.

Fundamentally, I know if I am in urgent need of care, I will have emergency vehicles send me to Lawnwood. I know there will be a large group of surgeons who consult each other and choose the best course of action. I will not place my life in a hand of a nice triage nurse who any patient will see first when a patient walk in to any Martin Memorial Hospital/clinic. Then, the nurse will page a doctor, then a doctor will page another specialized surgeon...

Last edited by LingLing; 09-21-2009 at 11:03 AM..

Old 09-22-2009, 07:56 AM

Since there ISN"T YET a HOSPITAL in Tradition - your comment doesn't mean a thing.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Since there ISN"T YET a HOSPITAL in Tradition - your comment doesn't mean a thing.
My comment was never meant to mean anything to you. My comment was to present other side of story to anyone who wants to learn and know more about dynamics of local hospitals.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 AM

265 posts, read 900,611 times
I unfortunately needed an emergency room a few weeks ago and I went to Martin in SLW - Loved it!!!!!!!!!! Clean, fast, professional. I needed to be admitted to the hospital and was given the choice of being sent to PSL or Martin in Stuart. By choosing Martin, I went straight to a room. Had I chosen PSL, I would have had to cool my heels in THEIR ER after having already been diagnosed and stabilized in the Martin ER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach