Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:49 PM

13 posts, read 28,147 times

Advertisements

ok i dont have a cat but i do have a dog and do hope to some day live in tradition and i would hope that all people whit any kind of pet would have it vaccinated and hope all the pets are healthy and ok but i live now in brooklyn and do not like when any ones pet runs wild its just not right for the people who have pets for the pet 2 be allowed in the neighbor yard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 07:08 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslmom View Post
Wow guys, thanks for the lecture. I'm not sure you understood the question clearly, I was really not asking anyone's opinion on whether or not my cat could or should be outside, just whether or not other people do it in Tradition. My cat is almost 10 years old and has been an indoor outdoor cat her entire life. She is vaccinated, frontlined, happy and healthy. We have lived in far more rural areas of florida than tradition and have never had a run in with a gator or a hawk, and my cat can handle a racoon just fine. She has litter box in my garage, and doesn't venture beyond our property except when she comes out to walk the dog with us If the majority of you are tradition residents, then I guess cat or no cat, I don't think our family would be happy living there.

Consider that the people who post in here do not all live in Tradition. They are people who live ....anywhere. I DO live in Tradition, but you are on a public forum where ANYONE can reply to your post no matter where they live in the entire United States. So...that said, please don't think all these people represent the residents of Tradition, because they don't. They just don't want your cat outside.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:55 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Consider that the people who post in here do not all live in Tradition. They are people who live ....anywhere. I DO live in Tradition, but you are on a public forum where ANYONE can reply to your post no matter where they live in the entire United States. So...that said, please don't think all these people represent the residents of Tradition, because they don't. They just don't want your cat outside.
Yes, you're right. I'm one of the non-Tradition residents. However, I don't understand this comment. You didn't want her to keep her cat outside either, and it's as if you are apologizing for the rest of us.

PSLMom - Nothing was mentioned about the cat staying next to the house and not roaming, about its age or that she uses a litter box in the garage. You asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslmom View Post
I worry that if we lived there she might not be able to go outside... does anyone who lives in tradition happen to know if people let their cats out? does it bother anyone?
When people answered "yes, it does" you apparently didn't like the response.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
I'm not apologizing for anyone. I also have cats and they are not allowed to run the neighborhood. The most they get is out on the patio and my immediate yard by about 10 feet. Then they ASK to be back inside.

If you let your cat roam...sobody will pick it up or call to have it picked up as a stray. That will happen just about any where you live. I'm just saying.. don't make Tradition a target.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Okay - sorry. Yes, I agree.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,665 times
Some people here DO let their cats out, and although they think their cats are staying close to home and therefore posing no problems, they do not realize the following: Their cats are ripping into peoples's garbage bags on garbage nights and leaving behind quite a mess. We know a tenant whose cats do this weekly throughout the neighborhood, even though their owner probably 'thinks' they are staying right in their yard!

Btw, we LOVE cats and all animals, we just dont appreciate pet owners who don't take proper responsibility for their pets doings.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:35 AM

56 posts, read 155,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMartinis View Post
Some people here DO let their cats out, and although they think their cats are staying close to home and therefore posing no problems, they do not realize the following: Their cats are ripping into peoples's garbage bags on garbage nights and leaving behind quite a mess. We know a tenant whose cats do this weekly throughout the neighborhood, even though their owner probably 'thinks' they are staying right in their yard!

Btw, we LOVE cats and all animals, we just dont appreciate pet owners who don't take proper responsibility for their pets doings.

Midnight is right, and it happen not only with cats, with dogs too, i have a neighborg, 2 houses next to mine, they have a dog, and i noticed they let the dog out only to do his bussines, once he is done they let him in the house again, they dont have fence, and their dog is always inside, the only time he is outside is when somebody open the door for him. To me that is rude, they don't respect somebody else, since that i am keeping an eye on that dog, i dont want him in my yard, if i see him i will have to talk to the owners about that. I do love animals but if you have a pet you have to take care of them, not somebedy else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach