Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:49 AM

96 posts, read 360,494 times

Advertisements

tidebelow, ooand1 is right. It's NOT a suburb. It's a city with potential. It has so much to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,957 times
The City or Port St. Lucie is larger, and has more population, than the City of West Palm Beach. It just developed in a different direction -- West Palm Beach was a city hub where some people choose to live (although most live in the outlying suburbs in Palm Beach County), and Port St. Lucie started as a "bedroom" community where people worked somewhere else.

That is largely, and rapidly, changing. The advantage is, Port St. Lucie is choosing how it's infrastructure is developed, and is turning out to be better than all of the older, surrounding areas. We learn from their mistakes.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Amen, pslot, amen. Whatever you THOUGHT about Port Saint Lucie, throw it out. It's about to change.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 PM

West Palm didn't get the chance that we Psl citizens are having now. It's an older area, and most of west palm is completely filled. We DO learn from their mistakes. This time right now is crucial for determining how Psl will end up in the future.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
I've never been one to party and live in the same place. I'd rather leave town, hang out have fun and then return home to peace and quiet. Not everyone is like that but depending on what you are looking for, maybe its not a bad idea to LIVE in PSL and make the time to socialize and network in the surrounding areas.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:45 PM

I hear what you're saying. Until they build that mall in tradition, i'm forced to go to Treasure Coast Square, and when i'm down there, i get to experience their shops, then come back to psl. I mean really. Does anyone want a huge traffic producing tourism drawer in their neighborhood. No, probably not. But if it's only a 15 or 20 minute drive, most people can live with that.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM

89 posts, read 268,562 times
well, I am very interested in also learnign about PSL. I had full intentions on moving to the Lauderdale area until I learned that my business will not be opening there anymore But have found an oppening in PSL. I am a professional 30 yr old single male. Would this be a good area to live? How are the beaches? Where and how far would I have to travel for nightlife?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach