Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:16 AM

5 posts, read 12,950 times

Advertisements

Hi-I'm considering buying a car dealership in US-1 close to the White City-Indian River Estates area,one of the objective is to bring great values for the money to customers from Palm Beach to Melbourne.The Miami area,where I live and work is a very densily populated area within the same county, Fort Pierce-Stuart-Vero B area have small populations and are sort of distant from each other,can anyone share if is common or realistic to expect for residents to drive to the next city to go to malls,shop for a car,furniture,go to dinner,etc or they mostly stay within their neighborhood?
Someone told me Stuart St Lucie and Vero have demographic differences but are like one big county when it comes to shopping specially for big ticket items.

Thank you

Larry

Last edited by Larry 1; 01-09-2010 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 11:54 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
We have a ton of car dealerships and none of them are doing well.

It's 20 miles from Stuart ot Ft. Pierce and only another 10 to Vero. Pretty close, in my book. I'd go to Vero from Stuart if it was worth it, in fact I do if i want something. Going to Ft. Pierce is a no brainer from Stuart-PSL is in the middle.

There are a lot of car dealers though. A lot of unemploeyed car salesman.

Cars are big ticket items. People will travel to West Palm or Melbourne to buy a car, cso you need to beat those deals and beat the internet deals too.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM

Thank you LiliyB for your reply,we intend to duplicate what have done in our area in this challenging times offering more for the money
Based on your comments I guess is not unfair to say PSL residents have Vero/Stuart in mind and viceversa when ready to shop for a car.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry 1 View Post
Thank you LiliyB for your reply,we intend to duplicate what have done in our area in this challenging times offering more for the money
Based on your comments I guess is not unfair to say PSL residents have Vero/Stuart in mind and viceversa when ready to shop for a car.
I'd say so, yes.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:15 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I agree with Lilybeans. I lived in Martin County for 5 years until 2008 and I recall traveling around the Treasure Coast frequently for various things. I think everyone I know did that because it is a kind of diffuse area.....you accept that. Like Lilybeans said I think that is particularly true for car dealerships.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:18 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
We live in Vero Beach and bought one of our cars in Melbourne but it was a pain in the butt driving up to the dealership for service. I think the next time we'll pick a local dealership with service in mind.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:31 AM

Thank you CG and VB,
What do you all think could be better and more convenient in the area when it comes to buy or service a new/used car? I noticed for instance many places close pretty early and don't open on Sundays
Vero Beach, would you have to go to Melbourne for a brand withouth a dealer closer to you for neither sales or service or for a particular vehicle you liked at one of the delaers there?

Larry

Old 01-10-2010, 04:58 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
When I lived there I always wished the dealership had service on Sundays. Because I worked M-F and volunteered on Saturdays I had to come in late to work one day every three months. It was annoying. At least they were open early.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:29 PM

3 posts, read 10,459 times
I live in White City in St. Lucie County, south of Fort Pierce. I would NOT buy from a dealership in Martin or Indian River County because I don't want to travel that far for service or even to buy a car in the first place. No way!!!

I think most people are like me, especially these days with gas costs and lack of time to do anything. We have enough dealers in this county, and their employees come and go like they have revolving doors. In 3 months or less your salesman you bought from or who is looking for a car for you will be gone. I think you are completely wasting your time if you seriously think that the *majority* of people would travel to another county for purchase and service. Plus, if you buy an extended warranty you may find that there is a deductible if you get your car fixed anywhere other than the dealer you bought it from, which is a huge incentive to buy close to home.

If you want to open a dealership do it in a place where you think you can make money from locals.

There was a time when people from St. Lucie were forced to travel to adjoining counties to shop but that's no longer true at all. Now, people are thrilled they can shop for almost anything they want within a few miles of home.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:41 PM

White City is too far from Martin County? Are you walking?

Stuart-PSL_Ft. Pierce is one big metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach