Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,808 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how to obtain detailed HOA info re: condos which do not have information posted on the web? For example,Lake Forest has very detailed financial and other info posted on the web which give an excellent into the viability of the HOA and the nature of the community.By contrast,Lake Forest Pointe,a much smaller development, has nothing. Heritage Oaks is somewhere in the middle. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
I live in Heritage Oaks and our HOA is just fine and dandy. We have a web site with basic information on it but not full docs.

If you have questions, just ask

Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 7,808 times
Default financial documentation

i appreciate the response,FlaLadyB---re: Lake Forest Pointe,the head of the board at LF gave me the number of the mgt company that handles LFP so i'm pursuing that lead,and i also called carrie of Heritage Oaks mgt company who gave me name of bookkeeper whom i am contacting----By the way,another thread to which you recently contributed re: Belmont caused me to locate info put on web by Belmont HOA which indicates special assessment for mold remediation---very interesting---thanks again

Old 03-06-2011, 06:00 AM

3 posts, read 5,294 times
@FlaLadyB....Thank you so much for the reply..The reason I was asking was for employment.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 AM

Employment in the HOA's? OK, but the HOA's are run by the homeowners with a management company on the side. Easier to hit the yellow pages to find the management companies. Good luck!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 7,465 times
What's the area like off Florida Turnpike's exit #142 around Turtle Run Park?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:48 AM

3 posts, read 6,051 times
Beware, do not move to PSL. The best bet is in West Palm Beach or better yet Martin County if you really think that you want to move to Florida. PSL is a runoff of Stuart which is in Martin County and it grew way to fast now most of the people that lived in PSL are displaced because they couldn't afford their homes anymore (FORCLOSURES/SHORT SALES) they just packed up and left taking everything including the palm trees in their front yards. And these most of these people lost their houses not because they couldn't afford them but because they scammed the system (they actually lived in the houses up to three years without paying the first payment) now you have empty houses with the possiblity of squatters or who knows living there.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 AM

OK.. 3 times is the charm foragoodreason- 3 hateful posts in a row about how you don't like living here. We all know what you can do to fix that problem.

Port St Lucie is not a "runoff" of anything. It's a city like any other. Nobody is "displaced" because they are just renting instead now. When you take 100% financing with 2 mortgages and bite off more than you can chew, that could, and has, made your payment more than you thought it could or would.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Well I have no stake or interest in puffing up Port St. Lucie, but that guy's post (and yours) is waaay overexaggerated.

There is no radiation spewing anywhere (by the way, the French get the majority of their energy needs from nuclear, and nobody there seems to let that get in their way. They are healthier than Americans, and it's better air next to nuclear than carbon spewing gas, oil or coal generated energy plants).

The housing crisis hit the city of PSL hard, but that flushed out a lot of excess. It needed to be done. From what I've seen, the housing market is stablizing a bit up there, and we KNOW the people buying can afford since lending markets are tight.

PSL has never been a jobs center. It's a bedroom community with 10x more to do and see now than 10 years ago.

For the retired, for those lucky enough to have good jobs, it's a good place to enjoy a slower pace of life in a safe place.

Last edited by Keeper; 12-03-2011 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: quote removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach