Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM

91 posts, read 408,717 times

Advertisements

We like living by the beach, Vero still feels small town, I love the citrus orchards that are close by and yet we are driving distance to cities if we want that. How did we choose Vero? We vacationed for a week at Driftwood Resort and it just felt like home. Through our many travels we had been looking for "the retirement place" and really from the time we drove through town, we just knew that Vero was it. During that week, we bought a home.. and here we are. I guess the only draw back would be the travel time to airports.. West Palm Beach and Orlando. well Melbourne but it is usually to expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 PM

208 posts, read 406,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Linna View Post
We like living by the beach, Vero still feels small town, I love the citrus orchards that are close by and yet we are driving distance to cities if we want that. How did we choose Vero? We vacationed for a week at Driftwood Resort and it just felt like home. Through our many travels we had been looking for "the retirement place" and really from the time we drove through town, we just knew that Vero was it. During that week, we bought a home.. and here we are. I guess the only draw back would be the travel time to airports.. West Palm Beach and Orlando. well Melbourne but it is usually to expensive.
Home Sweet Home!

It does sound nice and some of the same things you like are the things that resonate with me:
*Living by the beach.
*Small town yet close to cities.

Well, I only fly when I have to but I am a fan of West Palm Beach and Melbourne and would want to visit them occasionally. I see on mapquest that West Palm Beach is a bit further than I'd expected but Melbourne is only 34 miles the other way.

Thanks for all your help, Grammy Linna!

Old 07-13-2010, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,403 times
I'm just wondering what you've decided to do, where you've decided to move. I'm currently trying to decide where to move in Florida also. I live in Mexico Beach, FL right now, been here about 5 months, and as beautiful as it is here, it's not for me. I vacationed in Vero Beach about 6 years ago, and while I'm sure it's changed some, I have never forgotten that thought when I got there, it just felt like home. So I'm trying to decide if that's where I want to go or not. I just want to make sure they have the necessities, that MB does not ( driving 30 minutes to drop my daughter off at daycare and driving back to work is a little unreasonable and VERY hard on gas. not to mention if i need groceries!!) Please let me know what you've decided!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:52 AM

55 posts, read 227,246 times
Try the Palm Bay area that is only about 15-18 miles North of the Sebastian and Vero areas (depending on taking hwy 95 or US1 or the old Babcock coming form west side of Sebastian through Fellsmere). I am a native of Brevard county and know most areas well. the best places for rent right now the past year are definitely in the Palm Bay area. i know there is many, many places that are 3b/2b-2car garage with extra nice added luxuries in many homes right now for anywhere from $800+ a month and with swimming pools (on the homes property) ont condos/apts,etc are averaging about $900-1200 per mo and these are beautiful large newer homes in all ares of palm Bay accept a very few. I have family that live all over the east coast and then some of Florida and for what you want (east coast) I would try the Palm Bay area in Brevard county. You can go to the local paper online (the Florida today) but, it will not give you as much as what is really here.
I also agree with the posting above to make sure you have someone familiar with the area inform you of that area and how it is. Some places are like night and day for what some consider to be "cute, adorable, pretty, beautiful,etc" verses what they really are in some areas. An overall of Palm Bay Florida is you have access to more than you can imagine for things to do and medical, shopping, etc besides the beaches (approx. 15-30 minutes depending on which one), golfing, about all you can want and within 1-2 hours of all major attractions in central Florida.
*Sebastian/Vero considered the treasure coast and Palm Bay/Melbourne/Viera considered the Space coast area (most all towns attaching within feet of each other if not inches).
Note: most central east coast towns (especially inland) are only within feet of each other not miles. Hope this helps,too as the prices actually can vary that much within just feet, perhaps a mile but, sad and, true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach