Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 01:33 PM

22 posts, read 59,555 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of moving to PSL (Rosser and Gatlin area). Other than Comcast, are there any other internet providers? I tried ATT's dsl, but they said they don't serve that area. Any other options out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Ah.. no.

If you live in Newport Isles or Tradition there is Hometown Cable which supplies those 2 communities and several others. In Tradition we have cat 5 fiber optics and everything is underground so we rarely, if ever, are down. Otherwise, you are pretty much stuck with comcast. They took over the others.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:00 PM

I had a feeling you were going to be the first to reply :-) Thank you! :-) :-)

It's just too bad their no competition in the area though. Oh well....

Is this the same with television also? I didn't look into that yet, but I'd assume any of the major satellite providers would be able to provide service there (dish net and direct tv) then of course there's "Papa C" (comcast) :-)

Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 PM

yes...dish network and direct TV are available to all.. and many use it.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:03 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
It is surprising that ATT does not cover that area because I have ATT DSL. May be they thought you wanted the Uverse package. To get that you need the fiber optic but if you want just plane DSL all you need is the phone line.

Note though Dish, Direct T.V. and ATT Uverse are all the same company but you can get DSL with satellite but it is a lot more expensive.

From personal experience with Comcast, I can't fathom why anyone would even subscribe to them. I was getting 17 channels from them until I found out I could get 100 for $5 more a month from Dish.

I would call ATT back and make sure they were not trying to sell you Uverse.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I would call ATT back and make sure they were not trying to sell you Uverse.

I did just that lastnight to find you are 100% correct. They DO serve my area. I didn't ask about the uverse thing as I didn't want to confuse the rep. But it was verified by the rep as well as online. I saw their slowest internet is $20/month for 700kbps which would work perfectly for me as all I need is occasional browsing and emailing.

As far as Comcast, I totally agree! I will either go straight over the air as I am now, or one of the satellite providers. I didn't get that far yet as TV is not a big thing for me at all. Nice to have, but not a necessity.

Thanks again!
AJ4VS

wow...reading my post makes me realize how "frugally" I live!! LOL!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
Glad you got that matter resolved

Old 03-21-2015, 05:58 PM

6 posts, read 7,710 times
Does anybody know any thing about GlobalNet Internet service, I checked out their site and it looked pretty good, however, they're closed and I haven't been able to speak to anyone there. I will call them on Monday and get the 411 about their service.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:31 AM

does the fact that they are CLOSED on a weekend give you any sort of pause if you were to need assistance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach