Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:29 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

Quite true.. you will be hearing the sound of birds and squirrels instead of honking horns and screaming tires. A NEW LIFE!! very different than Miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,832 times
I live for the most part in Miami as well. I can't wait to perminantly get out of this place. If you notice the dividing line between sane and insane is PGA Blvd. Once you cross north of the Martin County line you will also notice a dramatic reduction in home prices as well.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:23 PM

15 posts, read 59,791 times
Just wanted to give an update and tell everyone that I did move and Im now here in Port Saint Lucie!!! I LOVE IT!! Im so happy that I did move. I was worried at first but now that Im here my quality of live has just improved three fold. I love this place. I never knew I would love it this much. There are so many places to go and beautiiful things to see.

The best is the wild life. I love animals and when I came to do the final walk thru of my new house, I was greeted outside by the largest birds Ive ever seen. The best part was that they had two babies with them that were absolutely adorable. Then the day after, I saw beautiful hot air balloons from my bedroom window. I even saw the launch of the recent rocket from a bay front resteraunt in Fort Pierce. I touched an alligator and saw a huge turtle crossing the street...lol Its been non stop surprises since I got here. I never experienced anything like this in Miami.

Im very happy that I listened to everyone who had positive things to say about this place.

I just have one question. What are those two towers sitting in the middle of downtown Fort Pierce? They are an eye sore and Im wondering what they could be. If anyone knows, clue me in.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 PM

9 posts, read 23,127 times
Default Torino Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaPer View Post
Just wanted to give an update and tell everyone that I did move and Im now here in Port Saint Lucie!!! I LOVE IT!! Im so happy that I did move. I was worried at first but now that Im here my quality of live has just improved three fold. I love this place. I never knew I would love it this much. There are so many places to go and beautiiful things to see.

The best is the wild life. I love animals and when I came to do the final walk thru of my new house, I was greeted outside by the largest birds Ive ever seen. The best part was that they had two babies with them that were absolutely adorable. Then the day after, I saw beautiful hot air balloons from my bedroom window. I even saw the launch of the recent rocket from a bay front resteraunt in Fort Pierce. I touched an alligator and saw a huge turtle crossing the street...lol Its been non stop surprises since I got here. I never experienced anything like this in Miami.

Im very happy that I listened to everyone who had positive things to say about this place.

I just have one question. What are those two towers sitting in the middle of downtown Fort Pierce? They are an eye sore and Im wondering what they could be. If anyone knows, clue me in.
I read about your new home purchase in Torino and was wondering if the name of the complex is Villas at Torino. Can you tell me more about the area including your feelings about the development? Can you hear your neighbors through the walls and what problems if any have you come across? I am going down to look at these townhouses in three weeks and may put a deposit on one. Please advise as I don't want to regret buying one! Thanks!

Last edited by laceydog3; 09-30-2010 at 01:33 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 04:17 PM

362 posts, read 392,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I live for the most part in Miami as well. I can't wait to perminantly get out of this place. If you notice the dividing line between sane and insane is PGA Blvd. Once you cross north of the Martin County line you will also notice a dramatic reduction in home prices as well.
That line keeps creeping north by a few feet per day. I lived in Hollywood back in the late 70's. I remember when drving up to WPB was a drive in the country; and if you weren't careful you could fall asleep.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:15 AM

Does anybody have any information for me on the Villas at Torino townhomes in Torino Port St Lucie? Is the location considered out of the way and are the townhomes worth the price they are being offered at? I know they are new construction properties and that is a definite plus. Thanks!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 AM

There are 3 just on MLS priced at $79,900, $89,900 and $84,900. Size is 1321 to 1580 sq feet under air and a 1 car garage. Two 3 bedrooms and one 2 bedroom. All three list different HOA fees from $109 to $129 a month. I would say all are investor owned. One has been on the market since 2008. The other two were listed this year so I would venture to say they were probably rented since purchase. One is even offering to pay towards closing cost.

Of the ones that have been sold and closed - there were other floor plans and some were larger. They sold for much more in 2008 when first on the market. In the low 100's and even one at $150 and one at $187.

One is currently under contract at a listed price of $65,500 but not yet closed so no way of knowing what the final purchase price will be.

Personally, I always wondered why they built them in the middle of a residential home area. It doesn't seem to make sense, but that is up to you to decide. For the price you can purchase them now, it would seem a good buy if you like the plan and the area. It will take a few minutes to get to shopping but once you're there you have everything.

Hope this helps!!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:19 PM

Smile Villas At Torino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There are 3 just on MLS priced at $79,900, $89,900 and $84,900. Size is 1321 to 1580 sq feet under air and a 1 car garage. Two 3 bedrooms and one 2 bedroom. All three list different HOA fees from $109 to $129 a month. I would say all are investor owned. One has been on the market since 2008. The other two were listed this year so I would venture to say they were probably rented since purchase. One is even offering to pay towards closing cost.

Of the ones that have been sold and closed - there were other floor plans and some were larger. They sold for much more in 2008 when first on the market. In the low 100's and even one at $150 and one at $187.

One is currently under contract at a listed price of $65,500 but not yet closed so no way of knowing what the final purchase price will be.

Personally, I always wondered why they built them in the middle of a residential home area. It doesn't seem to make sense, but that is up to you to decide. For the price you can purchase them now, it would seem a good buy if you like the plan and the area. It will take a few minutes to get to shopping but once you're there you have everything.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the information! Could tell me a little more about the Torino area as far as reports of criminal activity, distance from St Lucie West, and your overall impression of this complex? Do you know how close it is to where the Mets play spring ball and is the location near I-95? Also, Can you tell me how well Port St Lucie has withstood the impact of the hurricances that have passed by in the last ten years?

Old 10-03-2010, 07:56 AM

The Torino area is very nice and I would not hesitate to live there. The Mets and the stadium is right there off Peacock Blvd. which is one of the roads in to Torino from St Lucie West Blvd.

Hurricanes, yes there was flooding in that area and along St Lucie West Blvd. and it does flood any time we have very heavy rains. Not in the entire area, but it does make some of it impassable for a time till the water goes down.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:21 AM

Default Kings Isle Homes In ST Lucie West

Thanks for answering my Villas At Torino question. I checked these townhomes out last week in person and was very disappointed with the location (away from stores, on a main road, and next to a swamp area) and the fact that they will probably never add any additional units which leaves the small community and hoa up in the year as far as additional expenses that could come along.
Do you have any info for me on the Kings Isle properties in St Lucie West under the names Isle Of Capri and Isle Of Lombardy? I am looking to buy one of these townhomes/houses if I receive positive reports about the complex and surrounding area. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach