Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:39 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
U.S. News & World Report puts Port St. Lucie on Top 10 list of U.S. cities with most elevated unemployment, high negative equity U.S. News & World Report puts Port St. Lucie on Top 10 list of U.S. cities with most elevated unemployment, high negative equity » TCPalm.com

The city’s combination of high unemployment and even higher rate of home mortgages underwater has landed the city on a top 10 list of dubious distinction.
We have always enjoyed success in our jobs due to our high level of education. Plagiarizing a group of words and inserting them in prose is unthinkable to us. To stop plagiarizing another person's work it is appropriate to insert parentheses before and after their work or just reword their thoughts to your own analysis.

Thanks for the US New and World Report information and we love PSL and everyone who resides here. We would not even think of residing anywhere but PSL.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 03:41 PM

13 posts, read 64,257 times
I find port st lucie a nice place to live. Again depending on what you do for a living . Jobs are hard to come by these days, But if you have a good carreer or dont mind drivinin a alittle south to palm beaches. There are a lot of great home buys in this area florida is finally affordable. All the communities in the area are nice. I'm a medical professional in the area and I only see growth with a new hospital coming into the western communities

Old 05-12-2010, 04:23 PM

4 posts, read 14,763 times
I agree with Lady B.......as a Board member in a community we are selling homes to young couples and second home vacation homes. There are some investors but that is not the majoirty like before. PSL is a great oppertunity for buyers to own and raise their families within gated communities as well as in the city of PSL..... If we all work together we can make this city what we all envisioned.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 AM

15 posts, read 59,748 times
I am not a realtor but I can give a grounds view opinion of what Ive noticed so far. Everyone is correct, this is not a business city. Its not like Miami or New York City so it will be close to impossible to land the types of jobs you can get in a large city like that.

But this place is not jobless. Jobs are a problem across the country, not just here. My neighbors are made up of just about every kind of economical situation you can think of. From young professionals to retired people, I have met them all here, in just this one block.

I have been constantly driving around the city since I got here and I have seen many companies that have corporate offices right here in the area. I have seen all types of businesses for all types of jobs, from blue collar to white collar.

I think it depends on what your expectations are and your needs. I do not work but my husband does. We just moved here and he came here without a job. We are just shy of our first month being here and my husband already has an interview with one of those corporate offices in the area. They are very interested in him. He does not have a specialized degree either. He has always made median income.

He hasnt even hit the pavement hard yet to find a job since we just got here and are enjoying the city. We did decide since we were in Miami that work in WPB is out of the question. The commute length and time is not something we are willing to deal with.

I am sure he can find work in this city. I have seen industry upon industry here. You just have to be persistant and understand that it might take a while but it will happen. Someone has to run the businesses in this city.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM

6 posts, read 16,363 times
It could also mean that prices in Port St Lucie were so low, so bad that any movement up is good news. I have looked at new and newer homes for sale in Port St Lucie and there are some great great deals. Three or four bedrooms in nice homes under a $100,000. I am not a realtor, but live in the next town over, Jensen Beach. Port St Lucie has alot going for it

Old 06-18-2010, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,740 times
We live in California and will be coming to Port St. Lucie the first of August to rent a place. Are there any areas or zip codes that it is best to avoid?
We would like to use that as our home base and visit other areas to see which one we would enjoy living in. Interested in any area from Jacksonville to Boca Raton. We are retiring and moving from Orange County Ca. We would like to avoid high monthly association fees but still would like to live in a nice area where people have certain standards to maintain.. Any ideas would be appreciated and for now any info possible on PSL. We're thinking about renting a house sight unseen except from pictures on the internet. Left messages for 4 realtors and none have called back.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:44 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
just messaged you .....

One problem is that you are looking to rent in August. Right now, owners will not rent that far out. They want a July rental, not 2 months out. Many that are on the market now will not be on the market tomorrow much less in 2 months.

Also...since your area is Jacksonville to Boca, none of us can help you with all of that. It's an impossible amount of area to cover.

I have lived from Port St Lucie to Boca Raton, but you are also talking from PSL to Boca is a good hour drive south so the reality is, thats a LONG way to be able to cover questions specifically and give you the proper answers and things change.

Port St Lucie is a pleasant place to live. Through the years I have lived and/or worked in Vero Beach, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, and Boca Raton. Yes, I've been doing real estate a long time! LOL!.

Sent you a message asking for more information to narrow down what you reallllly want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach