Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 AM

578 posts, read 1,778,734 times

Advertisements

According to CNN Money Port St lucie was the only city in Florida to see a forecast gain in home prices over the next year. At .6% it is not that much but compaired to Miami at -22.5% that is a huge jump.

I take this as good news for home owners who are considering selling in the near future. Looks like times are a changing.

Real Estate 2010 state list - Money Magazine on CNNMoney.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 09:27 AM

22 posts, read 59,634 times
that's good to know. I see a house that is the same model as mine up for sale down the street from me. I am watching this sale closely to compare what I paid for my house a year ago with what that house sells for. So far, the asking price is $10+K more than what i paid. Let's see what happens.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 AM
nmp

18 posts, read 32,673 times
Hopefully the values will wait another 60-90 days to go up until I can close on a house.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 PM

25 posts, read 74,724 times
There is a second housing bubble that is coming up. Don't buy a house right now. Wait and you will get a better deal. This is what the experts are saying. They are the same people that have been warning people about the first bubble and people didn't listen. They are saying the amount of foreclosures now are very little compared to the amount that are coming.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,039,780 times
People are already talking about buying a house and the value going up. Geez louise, that's what got us into this mess in the first place. Buy a home because you want to live there. A home is not an ATM. The value might mean something 25 or 30 years down the road. Anyone buying a home to flip it or to take out equity is doing the same thing all over again. It's the wrong mindset.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,375,935 times
U.S. News & World Report puts Port St. Lucie on Top 10 list of U.S. cities with most elevated unemployment, high negative equity U.S. News & World Report puts Port St. Lucie on Top 10 list of U.S. cities with most elevated unemployment, high negative equity » TCPalm.com

The city’s combination of high unemployment and even higher rate of home mortgages underwater has landed the city on a top 10 list of dubious distinction.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:44 AM

578 posts, read 1,778,734 times
And that is the reason it is one of the best places to buy a house. It is called luck. When you are prepaired and an opportunity strikes it is time to buy. Unemployed people can't buy houses anymore so someone must be employed otherwise they wouldn't be selling so well

Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,214,905 times
I've been seeing a lot of people coming from other places outside of PSL buying homes. I'm seeing people moving within PSL as well. The thing is...houses ARE selling and the people buying them that I am dealing with are going to live in them. I know there are investors out there as well, but, they do what they want, as usual.

Nobody has a crystal ball for tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:21 PM

483 posts, read 556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee3003 View Post
There is a second housing bubble that is coming up. Don't buy a house right now. Wait and you will get a better deal. This is what the experts are saying. They are the same people that have been warning people about the first bubble and people didn't listen. They are saying the amount of foreclosures now are very little compared to the amount that are coming.
I'm seeing that too. I was told to sell my home (by one of those experts) before the first bubble popped. But he didn't tell me I should rent and wait it out after selling. I could have thought of it myself I guess. But those same people are now calling for what you're saying. And judging by all the yard sales I saw before I left, I have to agree...

Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,810,535 times
ummm. No. PSL is not among the last places in Florida I would consider, but certainly not near the top - retirement age or not. There are no sustainable jobs in the area - and its not that resort like to attract the retirement crowd. Just another skewed article. That's just picking the best of the worst. No way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach