Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 04:48 PM

105 posts, read 280,586 times

Advertisements

Hey All

My wife and I will be in port st lucie for two days coming up and need a good real estate agent. I have tried 3 people already and here is what I have got.

Two of them were 70 years old or older and while age does not bother me waiting 6 days to get some properties sent to my email to look at is way long to wait.

The last lady I told her what I wanted and then seeing as we only have two days in town I want to see minimum of 10 properties while in town and as many as 12 to 14 and she sent me a list of 6 and 5 of them strictly went against what I am looking for.

Anyone got anyone they recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 05:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
raising hand....will email you directly. You will see my postings all over city-data to read.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
I can refer you to a couple of sleezy ones if you want to go that route LOL. I was in your same boat so I know what it is like. We looked at several houses and when we didn't bid on the house the Agent wanted us to he forgot who we were. Never returned phone calls or answered emails. Had to get another. I think he got his justice though because from what I understand from other people he was in debt up to is neck and all of his properties he was trying to flip were in his sleezy wifes name. This was just before the bottom really fell out so I am sure he is out on the streets now.

I can't even find him as being listed anymore. Good luck there are plenty of good ones out there as well.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 AM

152 posts, read 465,498 times
I went through a similar situation in Georgia and North Carolina...In NC the Realtor we had been communicating with for months showed little interest in us when we arrived,,weird...so we just drove
around and stopped in a little office out side of town..The lady was great, she couldn't do enough,
we got our property...In Georgia, we had no Idea who was operating in the local town so we looked
up some offices on the net at the hotel and shot out some e-mails...We got one response, a lady was
starting up a business in town and she was great...She drove us around all day...I have a guy now in
the PSL area and he has been good so far, I'm getting a lot of listing through e-mail..I cant recommend
him yet, but a friend used him and was satisfied..

Old 03-26-2010, 04:04 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Trust me... there are no dynamos, as you know them, here on the Treasure Coast. We listed our house, two years ago, with an inept realtor who was praised to the hilt but she fell way short.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:17 AM

Well, I'm glad that vote doesn't include me since I don't deal in Vero Beach property nor have I had any business dealings with you. It would be nice not to group everyone in to one basket just because your particular Realtor didn't do what you wanted.

Many of us, including me, try very hard to please our clients but we can't please everybody.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 PM

152 posts, read 465,498 times
It seems to me you can narrow down your search on the internet..The listings I'm getting include up to
14 pictures, plus a map, which includes, most of the time a birds eye view...plus the stats on the property..Out of the fifty some listing I've been through, I would have about 10 or 12 to check out...
What an improvement that is from days past....

Old 03-27-2010, 04:33 PM

The homes that are listed on the Internet such as Realtor.com are not up to date. Many times those homes are in contract already but that does not reflect on Realtor.com and many of the other sites.
That means you would be spinning your wheels, and a Realtors, by asking about homes that are not available in the first place.

Yes, by all means look at what you might like and the area and even search out the home on google maps - street level, but don't be disappointed to find out they are already under contract.

Just did that with several clients and every home they gave me was no longer available. They think they are finding something I don't know about, which is not at all true. I have access to the multiple listings from all over, even down to Miami and actually across the State if I want to. There is no reason why I would not give you a list of every home that you might want to see. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, as do you. I would rather send you homes that are a reality than have do it twice and keep telling you, no, that's not available either, over and over again and hear disappointment at the other end.

Personally, I won't limit anyone to seeing only 5 homes total when they are looking to purchase. I will give you a list of homes that hopefully fit your criteria and together WE will pare it down from there so we are both on the same page. Especially important if you do not live here and are on a limited time schedule to find a home. Let's find the best of the best and look at those.

That is one reason I ask questions about the home you live in now vs what you are looking for. If you want a community with HOA due and facilities or a home on an individual lot where you do your own everything. How many square feet are you comfortable living in, how big is your home now? What other things are MUST HAVES on your wish list of the perfect home?

Is a short sale ok ....that means waiting up to 6 months? Can you fix things in a house if it needs repairs? Are you here all year or only part of it? How important is it to be close to shopping, the water, the beach, the turnpike or I95? How old or new a home will you be happy with?

Yes, it's a shopping list. But like any shopping, if you go in without a list you may end up with something you didn't really want or need. In this case, you can't return it.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
Another thing is banks holding on to houses that are foreclosed on. There is a house on my street that was foreclosed on and now someone has a contract on it but for some reason has not been able to close. I don't know if this has anything to do with the former owner's PMI insurance or not but you can get tied up that way as well. You had better be in a situation where you can wait a few months to close if you go the short sale or foreclosure route. If you can then it may be well worth it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach