Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 11,677 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm a newbie, and wanted to know how Newport Isles is now? We really liked a house in Newport Isles and liked a couple houses in PGA. We are looking to buy a home in PSL, and have looked in PGA, Lake Charles, Mag Lakes, Tradition, Newport Isles, Vizcaya Falls, Winter Lakes, and everywhere in between!

We liked a house in Newport Isles, but were unsure about the community--it seems to be a little ghetto (just being honest). PGA was beautiful and was one of the nicest communities, but the houses are quite small (for our budget) and had the highest HOA fees. Tradition seemed nice, a little too planned for my taste and a lot of empty construction, although the wife likes it. PGA/Lake Charles seemed to offer the most financial security for when we decide to sell (possibly in 4+ years)...please let me know what you guys/gals think. Thanks!

Last edited by desiscrubs; 04-09-2010 at 09:26 AM..

Old 04-10-2010, 06:37 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
Ok... my personal and professional opinion since I deal with all of the places you mention....

I live in Tradition and have for the past 2 1/2 years and love it. We have about 2000 homes in here and a couple of places are about to go back on line in sales. Plenty of planned events going on all the time and a wonderful family place to live with all ages represented. VERY family/children oriented, sidewalks and lighted streets, safe, all kinds of shopping at your fingertips. Tradition is made up of numerous individual communities, not just one, and each one is slightly different but something for everyone. Lawn maintenance, basic cable and Internet are Included in all but Town Park and the Estates.

Newport Isles and PGA Village are like asking about night and day - NO comparison of ANY kind!
PGA Village is a golf country club and has been around for a long time - well kept- 4 golf courses- great security and a nice place to live. Majority of older owners, but that is changing somewhat with the passing of time and as with any place that is not recently built. THREE 24 hours manned gate houses who don't let ANYONE in without checking and rightly so. Lawn maint and cable is included. No Internet.

Same with Lake Charles- nice place to live but older homes and the majority of older residents, but also changing of the guard with newer families coming in. Also 24 hour MANNED GATE HOUSE. Most of the lawn maint is included as is cable. No Internet

Magnolia Lakes, still trying to get their gate act together after new management has taken over. You do your own lawns there. Cable and Internet are included. Not a bad place to live.

Newport Isles- well.. trying to get their act together. Just repaved their roads finally. Gatehouse is more observant. LAWN Maintenance is NOT included so some do it and others don't. Cable and Internet included. Don't yell at me - its been done already....but if you want to sit before the gate house and watch the clientèle who go in and out ..be my guest or ride the neighborhood at coming home time and make your own decisions. Yes..I still show in there and let my clients make their own decisions as well.. and don't say a word.

Vizcaya Falls... next to the turnpike- check it out first.

Winter Lakes - no opinion.. haven't been in it. In the Torino area - not along St Lucie West Blvd area . Totally different

Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 11,677 times
Thanks so much for your input! I won't yell at you...I appreciate the information. Thanks again, and we are still looking! If anyone else has opinions/input (positive or negative), feel free to contribute. Have a great day!

Old 05-10-2010, 09:25 AM

13 posts, read 64,257 times
I live in Newport isles for almost a year now. My family and I are still very happy here. Feel safe walking around and super quiet . The homes are great value . As most homes in port St lucie are now adays. The HOA is very active in keeping the place up to par. The association is in the black even with the foreclosures in the community. As far as the clientle it's a very diverse group of people like every other community in PSL including Tradition with it's over price HOA fees .. As the homes sell to families with that care Newport isles will continue to be a nice place to live. Take it from a person who lives there.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM

13 posts, read 64,257 times
Few little extras about Traditions Please have house checked out for Chinese drywall, LA
Fitness also in tradition ,has the highest rate of car burglar events in all of Port St. Lucie,

that the homes at Heritage Oaks are not as nice as cheaper Centex homes in
Newport Isles,and sit right on top of each other, that over the past 6 months there has been more crime in
Tradition then in Newport isles, that Seasons at Tradition ( by Levit ) has
gone bankrupt and the Management company Core Communities has bailed out and

the communities are and will continue to see the negative effect of that as
they go forward. Just an FYI

Old 05-12-2010, 08:32 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerPSL View Post
Few little extras about Traditions Please have house checked out for Chinese drywall, LA
Fitness also in tradition ,has the highest rate of car burglar events in all of Port St. Lucie,

that the homes at Heritage Oaks are not as nice as cheaper Centex homes in
Newport Isles,and sit right on top of each other, that over the past 6 months there has been more crime in
Tradition then in Newport isles, that Seasons at Tradition ( by Levit ) has
gone bankrupt and the Management company Core Communities has bailed out and

the communities are and will continue to see the negative effect of that as
they go forward. Just an FYI

***There is no proof to back up this member's claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach