Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,618 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks while searching for a nice property in the nice area of Port St. Lucie. I think I've found one that I would like to make an offer on. It's located in Country Club Estates. I read 3 threads that mention this gated community. My understanding is that it's a nice community indeed. I have further questions about it and the surrounding area and would much appreciate any of your thoughts.

Here are my questions for those who are well familiar with the area and kind enough to spare a minute and share this information with others:

1. I'm looking for a newer house in the established gated community that will be a good and secure investment. I know that the real estate market in FL is depressed in general, and any buy seems like a good buy right now in comparison with a couple of years ago. Still some areas will be depressed for years, perhaps until the next boom hits. I'd like to avoid it and instead invest in a property in the community that has been always popular for its club house amenities, golf courses, school system, etc.

2. Thus my second question is about school system. I have a 3 year old and before long it will be time for him to go to school. Are public schools in this area good?

3. What is a downside of owning a house in Country Club Estates if there is any? (HOA is a nightmare, bad management, no public pool, etc.)

4. How child-friendly is the community?

5. I'm not sure that I would like to move my family to Port St. Lucie right away, maybe in a year or two. How difficult is it to rent out a house in Country Club Estates in this state of economy? Who would be potential tenants in this neighborhood?

I guess I should stop here.

Thank you in advance for taking a moment to read my message.

Best regards,
Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Country Club Estates is a nice community, but if you are looking for something "newer" that is not it. All the homes their were built a long time ago and are out dated aka - need updating inside in the kitchens, tile, bathrooms, etc.

Just looked to see, and the building dates are in 1988, 1995, another in 1992, 1993, 1997, surprised to find two built in 2002 and 2006. A newly built one.. why I don''t know...that has been on the market for 98 days. Unusual place to build a new home in. Sale prices vary considerably.

Younger? ummm no...Lots of other children? ummm no. Good location, yes. Along St Lucie West Blvd off the main street. Pool? Well, you have to JOIN to use. PGA VILLAGE has the clubhouse, pool, tennis etc there and its not part of Country Club Estates. You are also responsible for your own lawn care there.

Schools - here you are in a school ZONE. Any home west of the Turnpike is the Red Zone. You can choose any school within that area for your child to go to. That is, you can ask. There are charter schools in the Red Zone that are K-8.

I hope I answered most of your questions. If not....just ask

Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 PM

483 posts, read 555,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicare_md View Post
Hello, everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks while searching for a nice property in the nice area of Port St. Lucie. I think I've found one that I would like to make an offer on. It's located in Country Club Estates. I read 3 threads that mention this gated community. My understanding is that it's a nice community indeed. I have further questions about it and the surrounding area and would much appreciate any of your thoughts.

Here are my questions for those who are well familiar with the area and kind enough to spare a minute and share this information with others:

1. I'm looking for a newer house in the established gated community that will be a good and secure investment. I know that the real estate market in FL is depressed in general, and any buy seems like a good buy right now in comparison with a couple of years ago. Still some areas will be depressed for years, perhaps until the next boom hits. I'd like to avoid it and instead invest in a property in the community that has been always popular for its club house amenities, golf courses, school system, etc.

2. Thus my second question is about school system. I have a 3 year old and before long it will be time for him to go to school. Are public schools in this area good?

3. What is a downside of owning a house in Country Club Estates if there is any? (HOA is a nightmare, bad management, no public pool, etc.)

4. How child-friendly is the community?

5. I'm not sure that I would like to move my family to Port St. Lucie right away, maybe in a year or two. How difficult is it to rent out a house in Country Club Estates in this state of economy? Who would be potential tenants in this neighborhood?

I guess I should stop here.

Thank you in advance for taking a moment to read my message.

Best regards,
Phil
Look at all of the homes for rent on craig's list. You'll be competing with them..

Old 05-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
Look at all of the homes for rent on craig's list. You'll be competing with them..
Galagaone
He isn't looking to rent a house, he's looking to BUY ONE. Craigslist has nothing to do with his questions.

Craigslist is also a great hunting ground for people looking who are in foreclosure and looking to find anyone who will pay them rent while they don't pay their mortgage. I did a entire thread on JUST THAT.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 5,282 times
I am also looking into purchasing property in that area, Does the HOA include anything??
for example some places HOA includes cable, lawn care, etc...

Thank You!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM

the HOA in specifically Country Club Estates does not include lawn or maintenance of any kind except the common areas and the guard for several communities in there and basic cable. Everything else is up to you.

Other communities do include more, just depends on the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach