Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 09:08 AM

105 posts, read 280,992 times

Advertisements

Hey All, Two of the things that have attracted my wife and I to Florida besides the fact we have a lot of family there was that fact that you can A- Get a great house at a cheap price and B- We both can have jobs there. But I am now looking at the possibility of being eligible for a job transfer not just to Florida but also a couple other states closer to New Jersey (I work for the military). Whether or not I get these jobs closer to the area we live now (Would still involve moving) will not be known until late August early to mid September. We are scheduled to come back to St Lucie County and look at more houses in two weeks. If we were to say put that off until end of Sept maybe early October are we risking that the market turns around and all these houses in our price range because of short sales and the economy are now back up to normal price and that limits what we can buy? I guess I am asking does anyone have any insight on what the economy as far as the housing market in St Lucie County and prices will be like in 6 months?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:20 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,040,275 times
The home market in St. Lucie County is going to change anytime soon.

In fact, the prices there are now more in line with normal pricing, as opposed to the hyper inflated prices of a few years ago.

Of course, no one knows what will happen in the future, but if it were me, i wouldn't be too concerned with prices changing anytime soon.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 AM

18,129 posts, read 11,772,186 times
I believe we have an ongoing active thread on this topic in the main FLORIDA forum.

Please do not duplicate threads - they will be deleted.

Thread closed.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:51 AM

18,129 posts, read 11,772,186 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach