U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:04 PM

3 posts, read 28,110 times

Advertisements

Hi - have been looking at Realtor. com to try and get info on some homes for sale in the Vero Beach area. I have seen quite a few newer homes in Vero Lake Estates and they are listed below $100K. I am suspecting something may be wrong with the area or homes (chinese drywall?). There were a good many listed and just wanted to find out if this was a good area as opposed to another section of Vero Beach.

We are just in the thinking stage of an investment property and possibly living there in about 3 years or so. I have seen Port St. Lucie already and know they have cheaper homes there. The problem for me is that there seems to be lower standards of keeping property. I've seen a number of homes in the Port St. Lucie area where people are allowed to park cars on their property (lawns front and side and rear). I don't mean to be that picky but this is something I do not want to put up with.

Any suggestions again, about Vero Beach and if rules are tighter there as well as far as property ownership.? Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 07:05 AM

4 posts, read 17,740 times
Vero Lake Estates is a "starter" home community. I guess this is the best way to put it. If I were you, I would buy in other areas, if you want to invest.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Hi again. Thanks for the information.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,305,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajasue View Post
Vero Lake Estates is a "starter" home community. I guess this is the best way to put it. If I were you, I would buy in other areas, if you want to invest.
I would not exactly say that Vero Lake Estates is a "starter" home community. The lots seem to be bigger than most in Vero Beach Proper and Sebastian. There are many very nice homes in Vero Lake Estates.

Also its should be known that Vero Lake Estates in not really in Vero Beach. It is located just west of Sebastian and for some reason was given a Vero Beach address. I think of Vero Lake Estates more of a rural feel to it, yet you are not that far from I-95 or the City of Sebastian for your shopping needs.

The cheaper housing cost I don't think has anything to do with "Chinese drywall" , but just more to do with the depressed real estate market period in Indian River Co. and Florida as a whole right now.

One look is worth a thousand words and if your looking for a place to invest and evently retire , you may want to look in Sebastian as well.
Good luck....

Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 AM

3 posts, read 16,216 times
crime, break-ins etc. Lots of kids and teenagers with no guidence, drugs among the younger crowd. A mix of people, wanting a nice neighborhood, and those that do not care. some of the old VLE timers are getting fed up with it. The publix out there is known for having car/truck break ins in their parking lot. the cops are so busy trying to catch drunk drivers and speeders, that they can't stop the crime going on here. as far as drunk drivers yes there is a lot here, but then again there is a bar on every corner with a parking lot for each of them.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 AM

4,490 posts, read 7,528,066 times
Most areas that are individual homes on lots are not governed by the cities against parking vehicles, boats, etc. on their property. If you want an area that does not happen in, you would most likely have to look in an area that has a Homeowners Association.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 AM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,305,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowermagic View Post
crime, break-ins etc. Lots of kids and teenagers with no guidence, drugs among the younger crowd. A mix of people, wanting a nice neighborhood, and those that do not care. some of the old VLE timers are getting fed up with it. The publix out there is known for having car/truck break ins in their parking lot. the cops are so busy trying to catch drunk drivers and speeders, that they can't stop the crime going on here. as far as drunk drivers yes there is a lot here, but then again there is a bar on every corner with a parking lot for each of them.
I don't find any truth in this post whatsoever. It's almost like this poster is just trying to steer you away from a good area.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 PM

14,267 posts, read 16,751,567 times
Like many places, I guess it depends on whom you ask. I lived in Vero Beach for 6 months and was told by several people, including a Real Estate agent, that Vero Lakes Estates (which is not part of Vero Beach) is a dangerous area and home to grow houses and drug dealers. OTOH I was told by a couple of long-time residents of Sebastian, including a Real Estate agent, that it's a very nice family community.

Judge for yourself [URL="http://www.vero-lake-estates.com/"]here[/URL] on the property owner's web site. Click on "Neighborhood Watch" and look at the crime stats by month.

I really liked looking at the sandhill cranes. There seems to be a lot of them roaming around VLE.

By the way, most of the people I've met who knock PSL never lived there. I would say to someone "I'm thinking of buying a house in PSL" and they'd say "stay away from that area." Then I'd meet someone from PSL and she'd say, "I absolutely love it." As I said when I began this comment, it all depends on whom you ask.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:59 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess there are good and not so good areas in all towns across America. We are planning a trip to Florida in November this year. We are on a budget and that is why the newer and less expensive homes appeal to us but the area is very important, as well.
My guess is that it is hard to find a nice home for a great price in a good area unless you visit different towns frequently and have the time to spend on each visit for a good hard look. My husband is still working and we don't have that opportunity right now.

I'll check out Sebastian though on realtor.com and see what is going on over there. Thanks again.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 10,774 times
You should look into Venezia Estates a new gated community in Vero Beach, it is located off of 12st. Currently there is one home built there. It is absolutely lovely and the preconstruction prices are decent considering what the builders are offering. Happyt hunting to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach