U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM

89 posts, read 263,967 times

Advertisements

Where can I get the best lobster roll in the city? Does any place serve grits for breakfast?

Michael
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM

8,767 posts, read 17,035,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migrjo View Post
Where can I get the best lobster roll in the city? Does any place serve grits for breakfast?

Michael
Good question I have never had a lobster roll in Portland and I have lived within 20 miles of it all my life!!
Good luck finding grits. Denny's might have them though they're probably instant grits. No self respecting Southerner eats instant grits!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:11 PM

332 posts, read 883,502 times
I wish I could remember the name of the place we ate at. It was on a pier, outdoor seating, live music, and good local beer. Can't remember the name for the life of me though-I'm sure a local will be able to figure it out by the description and pin it down.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM

89 posts, read 263,967 times
Local 188 has grits on its brunch menu!

Brunch | Local 188 (http://www.local188.com/brunch.html - broken link)

I'm still looking for Portland's best lobster roll.

Michael

Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,241,864 times
For the best lobster roll....I don't know if it's the best but it's pretty darn good plus you can't beat the location.
:: Welcome :: The Lobster Shack at Two Lights

Old 07-27-2010, 09:01 AM

1,403 posts, read 3,250,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deere110 View Post
I wish I could remember the name of the place we ate at. It was on a pier, outdoor seating, live music, and good local beer. Can't remember the name for the life of me though-I'm sure a local will be able to figure it out by the description and pin it down.
Sounds like portland lobster company:

Maine Lobster, Steamers, Maine Shrimp, Lobster Rolls, Peekytoe Crab Cakes, and New England Clam Chowder: Portland Lobster Company, On the Waterfront, Portland, Maine

Not my favorite, but many people seem to like it. My biggest issue is the live music....Its kinda loud for the space, and never have been impressed with the talent. The only way that its tolerable is sitting down towards the end of the outdoor seating (the music man is stationed up near the bar).

Didn't think the beer selection was all that impressive, either.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 AM

1,403 posts, read 3,250,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
For the best lobster roll....I don't know if it's the best but it's pretty darn good plus you can't beat the location.
+1 to this!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 PM

8,767 posts, read 17,035,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
+1 to this!
Come to think of it there really aren't too many places to GET a lobster roll in Portland!!!?? Anywhere out by Pine Point in Scarborough would be good too. It's close to Portland and there are several places to choose from.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:27 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,822 times
Try Bayley's Lobster Pound in Scarborough, Maine ( Pine Point ).
Clean operation and great take out food!

Maine Lobster, Live Lobster, Lobster Tails, Maine Seafood - Bayley's Lobster Pound

Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 PM

41,326 posts, read 19,739,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Based on reading these recommendations and their web site .....we drove over to two lights lobster shack....today......but were not prepared for the bedlum in the parking lot with waiting lines and looking up beyond the lot to a humungous line of people standing waiting to order......we left and will give it a try after Labor Day.....we stopped at Uncle Don's Country Kitchen on the way home.....really enjoyed the peace and quiet and service....in a cool and charming setting with a view of the tidal marsh. (No lobster however.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
View detailed profiles of: